Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: how to get the carb. out???? 400ex

im always busy, lol. i am going for mechanical engineering and am a junior this year. lol. I guess i am not that far from home at 3 hours but it isnt like i can hop in the car and go home for the night and ride. this past fall i brought my 400 up for a few weeks which was fun though. how did it come out for you anyway? we have about 144" of snow for the year. it makes it hard to have the 400 at school when i snow blow every day lol. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

in college u gotta be lol ur else ur not gettin ur $'s worth. sweet, ya i getcha just a lil too far. sweet, havnt gotten to it cause of hw, projects, family over, sports practice etc. but im gonna put a 150 in it and also, i put the bare minimum on it and ride for 5 mins and its runnin fine but its making a faint weird sound, i think its cause of a cable i didnt put bak in the right place, its the long thin 1 attached to the very bottum of the carb, where u take the nut off to get to the main jet, where does it go? ya too much snow sucks im sick of winter. Lance
    07 TRX400ex
    full HMF Ballance series exhaust, twin air filter, 155 main jet, no air lid.

the one that comes out of the bottom that just dangles goes down between the swinger and the motor mount. if that is the one i am thinking of. lol. otherwise it is not a long one but there is a cable for the idle that mounts to the carb and around the bottom of the bowl. i think that may help you out sorry about taking so long. lol. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

11 and 35 i think are the 2 am a talking about. the only other one that would be a cable is the throttle cable. it goes through the top and screws into it. this goes down through the black part and hooks to the arm. otherwise it goes on top of the shield and under the tank. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

I have it dangling between the swingarm and the motor mount as of now and i took picks b4 i took it apart and it looks like thats where it goes, just wanted to make sure because of that lil faint sound im hearing. np man i got time ha Lance
    07 TRX400ex

Not trying to steal the tread but since you were on the topic of jets what would be good to run with a fmf power core 4 full exhaust with a k&n air filter
    07 400ex
    *HMF Competition series slip-on
    *K&N air filter
    *Pro-Alba Front Bumper
    *Full Skids
    *Armadillo swing arm skid

about a 160 would be a good starting point i think. this along with the 38 pilot, 3.5 turns out on the f/a and needle on the 3rd clip position and then go from there. you may have to drop down to a 158 or so but it depends on where you are at. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

jetting q

I just put the 150 main jet in my 400 and the idle speed is really fast, i can adjust that on the screw on the bottum of the carb but sticking out to the side right? and I wanna check the spark plug so i took the rubber piece off but when i tried to take the actual spark plug out it wouldnt twist out, ideas? Lance
    07 TRX400ex

you can turn the idle down with the big knob that has the black tube coming out of the back of it. there is actually a way to do it right though while tuning the f/a screw and the idle at the same time. if you do a search in high idle or fuel/air screw adjustment there should be some directions somewhere. or if you have a manual it is in there for sure. the plug can be a bit of a pain to get out, just make sure it is down on the plug all the way and start turning i guess, it should come out after a bit of turning. the threads arent that long. lol. the tool sort of clicks on it, you should feel when it grabs on the plug, you may have been hitting just above it on the head making it feel like you got it on but it wasnt. there is a nut on the top that almost feels like it is right. If you turn your gas off and stand it up on the grab bar you should be able to see in there and then get the tool in for sure. it is easier than trying to get your head in there to look for it. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

yeah thats the screw i meant to try and explain ha i'll take a look for those directions. yeah i got it on the plug but it's so tight that im pushing the socket as hard as I can, im not the strongest person but i was really pushing it and it wont come loose. i'll try again here, ill keep u updated. thanks. lance
    07 TRX400ex

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456