Thread: need some carb troubleshooting tips

Question need some carb troubleshooting tips

i just got a yamaha big bear. it wnt run, i am 99% sure it's in the carb becasue the kid i got it from and me cleaned it and it ran. then it sat for a month and now it wnt start again. Just to be on the safe side are there any ways of cheching to make sure it IS the carb before i go to all the trouble to remove it again? I know a few tricks but just wondering if you guys had any ideas
    " Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak"

" ya gotta run it WFO"

bring it to me ill rebuild ur carb or clean it the right way for 35 bucks in labor if u want it rebuilt just add parts and i wont charge no extra, rebuild kit is around 30
    1987 trx250r oem crank oem cylinder with port job. 14.1 compression re cut head, rad valve bigger carb. +2 arms. aftermarket swingarm. elka shocks, pep stabilizer, and so much more
    2006 kx250f- intake mod, rejeted, hot rods crank, cylinder works big bore kit. b and b powersports ported and polished head. o8 style fenders.

2005 f150 4x4 supercab stx

2009 monster zx14

b and b powersports munfordville ky
    270-473-1179 or 3619349

If you got spark and can crank it, probably the carb like you said. That ethanol gas evaporates quick and gums up nasty. Try cracking the bowl drain and getting some fuel into the bowl. If you still get no fuel the needles stuck and can try tapping the bowl but if it's stuck closed chances are it will get stuck open next. I would just try flushing the bowl a couple times but my luck has never been good, sounds like it's gonna have to come off. Good luck

yeah i had to take it off, and the gas in the jets and bowl had turned to what looked like a yellow slushy but i got it runnin now the hrottle cable broke and i them are worth thier weight in gold apparantly because denniskirk and rocky mountain atv dnt carry them
    " Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak"

" ya gotta run it WFO"