Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WORCS 2010 is almost here! Any predictions??

I know one thing after looking at the pics the Shelman girl gets her good looks from her mother. Nice hat too. Thanks

Sorry Tim

Originally posted by nvrpmx
    I know one thing after looking at the pics the Shelman girl gets her good looks from her mother. Nice hat too. Thanks

Sorry Tim
    I am not offended, I am only a few clicks up on the evolutionary ladder, and Allie would have a hard time going through life with hairy knuckles and a large forehead if she got her looks from me.
    Looking for the fountain of youth

Cool

repeat of last year b.b.
    sparks 450, sparks 41 fcr, sparks mid cam, k&n pro flow kit with outerwears, white brothers carbon pro exhaust, esr rev box modquad + 1 chrome steering stem anti vibe mount, streamline steering stabalizer, pro tapers atv high bend, spyder grips, sand skates 2 paddles, dune tracker fronts, douglas 190 rims, proarmor nerfs, proarmor front bumper, esr case saver

I've been out of the loop lately

I've been out of the loop lately due to being in the hospital lately. What's up with Eichner? I noticed he wasn't it in the first 2 rounds. I'm a big Eichner fan.

2002 Honda 400ex (racer)
    2003 Honda 400ex (trail ride)
    2002/2003 Honda 400ex/r ( new racer build)

I've been out of the loop lately

I've been out of the loop lately due to being in the hospital lately. What's up with Eichner? I noticed he wasn't it in the first 2 rounds. I'm a big Eichner fan.

2002 Honda 400ex (racer)
    2003 Honda 400ex (trail ride)
    2002/2003 Honda 400ex/r ( new racer build)

Doug has retired from the WORCS Series. He will be surely missed by all. I too have been a big fan as has my son.

ATV Racing Icon, Doug Eichner, Announces Retirement from WORCS
    A legend in the sport hangs up his helmet...
    January, 2010
    Just days before the opening round of the World Off-Road Championship Series (WORCS), ATV Rider Magazine received a phone call from long-time friend and 7-time WORCS Champion Doug Eichner.

After recovering from a severe injury incurred at Glen Helen Raceway back in September during a practice session for the WORCS race, Doug was anxious to get back on the track and compete with some of the fastest racers on the planet. Just weeks ago he signed a deal for 2010 with Factory KTM to compete in the WORCS series as well as the ITP Quadcross MX series. Doug was spotted practicing aboard his new orange machine and it had people talking anxiously about Doug's return to the track. We figured Doug was calling to give us an update on his progress with the new machine.

Unfortunately, this was not the case...

What Doug did call to tell us was that he was retiring from the WORCS Series. When asked why he chose to retire, Eichner had this to say:

"I rode the KTM ATV for the first time in a suspension test for Fox Racing SHOX. I was super impressed with the machine and immediately knew what machine I wanted for 2010! I had intended on dedicating this year to my wife and business manager, Joan, who has been undergoing treatment for cancer since last June. Joan has been my biggest supporter for the past 16 years. When I discussed the dedication of 2010 with her, she let me know that I had already earned 51 championships in my professional racing career! Ultimately, I decided my wife and son deserve my entire focus and chasing down number 52 simply lost importance for now. A serious diagnosis gives you a new perspective. I plan to give my wife the support she needs so together we can take down the toughest competitor we have ever faced. I will still hit some of the races in the future, but WORCS will not be in my plans. I've had a successful racing career and it's been a blast for me and my family but...Hawaii, here we come!"

Successful isn't the word when you describe the career Eichner has had not only in the states but also across the Atlantic while competing at the 12 Hours of Pont De Vaux. We admire and support Doug in his decision to dedicate himself to his family because family is what our sport is all about.

We will miss Doug's spirit, energy, integrity, and signature style. No doubt we have seen history in the making and we feel privileged to have witnessed Doug's career. One of the most influential racers in the sport and perhaps one of the most well-liked professionals, Doug's ATV racing legacy is unmatched. Look for a feature story on Doug's career and retirement in an upcoming issue of ATV Rider Magazine.
    Proud father of
    Buddy Williams #16
    7 Time National Champion
    3 Time ITP Quadcross Champion
    World MX 90cc Champion
    First runner up ATVSport Youth Cross Country Rider of the year 07&08
    www.buddywilliamsracing.com

2012 Season Sponsors

Fox Racing Shox
    Walsh Racecraft
    DWT
    Motoworks/Can Am
    x-stream composites
    DP Brakes
    GPR steering stabilizers
    Stuck on Racing Graphics
    Maxima Racing Oils
    Leatt inc.

I'm shocked and speechless

Thank you so much for the info. I was speechless for about 15 min. on what to say. I wish Doug and his family the best. They will be fighting the toughest race of them all- Cancer. He is the best racer of them all both on the track and off.

Ya its hard to watch a WORCS Pro Main and not see Doug out there. I am grateful to have gotten to know him and his family, and our family was fortunate enough to see him race every WORCS race since 2005.
    Proud father of
    Buddy Williams #16
    7 Time National Champion
    3 Time ITP Quadcross Champion
    World MX 90cc Champion
    First runner up ATVSport Youth Cross Country Rider of the year 07&08
    www.buddywilliamsracing.com

2012 Season Sponsors

Fox Racing Shox
    Walsh Racecraft
    DWT
    Motoworks/Can Am