Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extending a arms

extending a arms

anyone ever widen there a arms themselves? I've got an extra set and figure why not give it a shot, I dont see material really costing anything, and should be an hour or two of prep and measuring and half an hour of welding, anyone got any tips on where there best part to cut and actually scab the new pieces in?
    08 Polaris 450 MXR
    *Work in Progress*

DO NOT DO IT if your gonna race
    Dylan Butler #227 Supermini 13-15,School Boy Jr. 13-15, School Boy Sr. 14-17
    Sponsors-
    Scott,O'Neal,DWT,ELKA Suspension, X-Treme Clean, WestBroad Honda House, Ultimate Cycles Suzuki and Kawasaki, Amsoil, Leatt, Creative Graffix, Gold Speed, Gaernae, Davis Machine, Zebos Motosports, Troy Lee Designs, Hinson Clutches, and many more,

2 race 300exs
    2 race ready z 400s
    a fuel injected one
    JB 150
    a woods kawi 400

Not Going to race, but what difference does it make?
    08 Polaris 450 MXR
    *Work in Progress*

It messes up the geometry even for just fun riding and bumps will sna them like that.I had some for my mod and they snapped first little jump i Hit and we do all my modifacations a pro welder cant even do it right.
    Sponsors-
    Scott,O'Neal,DWT,ELKA Suspension, X-Treme Clean, WestBroad Honda House, Ultimate Cycles Suzuki and Kawasaki, Amsoil, Leatt, Creative Graffix, Gold Speed, Gaernae, Davis Machine, Zebos Motosports, Troy Lee Designs, Hinson Clutches, and many more,

2 race 300exs
    2 race ready z 400s
    a fuel injected one
    JB 150
    a woods kawi 400

just out of curiosity how much did you widen? I'm only thinking an inch per side, maybe two at the most
    08 Polaris 450 MXR
    *Work in Progress*

3 inches but seriously do not recomend doing it man.Like when u weld them at the welds the move and you can't tell it and you just snap.
    Sponsors-

2 race 300exs
    2 race ready z 400s
    a fuel injected one
    JB 150
    a woods kawi 400

I'm pretty sure someone on here extended some stock arms with some level of success. I think he made a jig, sleeved a smaller rod inside the arms and welded. It looked ok?? Not something to rush through. I personally wouldn't try it but.... If I could remember more about it, I would post a link.
    2001 416 EX
    11.5:1 JE piston, ported and polished,1mmover valves, 3 angle grind, HD springs,Hot Rod crank,Web Cam 479, HD Studs, Wheelie Key,DMC AB slip on, 450r carb UNI filter,Outerwear,110 race fuel
    Powdercoated Frame,Houser +3 Long Travel arms, Burgard +1 chromoly stem, Denton steering stabilzer, Jannsen + 1.25 outlaw 2 swinger, Lonestar +3 axle, LSR blockoff,LSR carrier, Elka Elite LT shocks, Custom Axis remote rear,Regina chain,LSR subframe, LSR anti fade nut
    ALBA propeg nerfs, AC grab bar, IMS Roll bumper, Protaper fat bars,ODI Grips, RTC levers, Streamline braided lines, Pro Armor tether,
    Hiper Tech 3 beadlock wheels on GNCC rears and Razr2 fronts

www.ledenergy18.com

I was planning on either a sleeve on the inside , or a half sleeve on the outside, bottom half more than likely, maybe even run it the whole length of the a arm, kind of a skid plate/reinforcement combo, If i Do go with 2 inches will all my stock stuff still work? shocks, tie rods, etc
    08 Polaris 450 MXR
    *Work in Progress*

this may be what was previously mentioned

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...=extended+arms

i bet it would be plenty strong if u did it like that, make sure u run ur sleeves as far in the tubes as possible and of course have an outer sleeve around it, leave an 1/8 inch gap on both sides so that way your weld will penetrate the a arm, the inner and outer sleeve in one weld.

go for it why not!! there extra anyhow
    Wiseco 11:1 87mm piston,stage 2 hotcam, mild port and polish,shaved head, pro x cam chain, dynojet 146 main 40 pilot, removed airbox lid outwears air box lid cover, scorpion slipon exhaust.+3 timing key runnin 100 avgas mix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast