Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swing Arm Bolt?

Swing Arm Bolt?

I'm having trouble removing the swing arm bolt on a 400ex. I have removed it a few times on another 400 ex I have so I know how to do it. The machine I'm having trouble with has a Lone Star Swing arm do these have some type of locking clip or anything on them. I don't see one but I did not put it in so I'm not sure.
    I have beat on the bolt with a BFH and with a air hammer and it still will not come out. I can make it rotate in the hole it just wont come out.
    Tim
    2002 400EX
    Basically Stock and boring mostly cosmetic stuff.
    Eaton Viper 90
    Susuki 50 Quad

Its probably bent, thats what happened to mine, We tried an air hammer to, we tried rotating it out, nothing worked. We eventually tried rotating it with a wrench hooked up to the air compressor(not sure what its called lol) and beat on it with a railroad spike type thing, it came out after about a half hour, try lubing it up to. Good luck.
    2005 450r, Razrs in the rear, Razr 2s in the front, GT XC Link, CCP Stabilizer, AC Nerfs, Fat Pegs, Dellron Full Body Skid, Moose Handguards, Grab Bar.

Coming soon:
    Redone Shocks, Flexx Bars (maybe Renthals or Pro Tapers), Front Bumper (I may just leave it stock), Sprocket Guard, Swing Arm Skid.

Past quads:
    1987 Honda 250x
    2003 Yamaha 660 raptor
    2004 Honda 400ex

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e3sf4n.jpg

get a bigger BFH!, lube it and beat it bud, pretty sure the lsr's dont a have a circlip. all else fails cut it out....
    02 400ex upgraded to 07 plastics, w/ DMP Graphics/seat cover
    DG bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid plate,motor sport nerf bars, 3'' riser with protaper se bars, k&n air filter, power madd hand guards,jeted, HMF slip-on,sparks timing key, RAD mfg double row carrier with anti fade lock nut(red), tinner scoops(PC black), C&D rebuilt/sprung 450r shocks, Hiper CF1's(black)

lay it on its side

ok, problem fix
    1. spray the hell out of it all over, with pb blaster (autozone_
    2. Turn it on its side
    3. Get a punch and put it on the bolt and mine had a hole in it, and i beat it with a 30lb sledge
    You might have to turn over to the other side and repeat.. it will come out with enough force and parts blaster : ) enjoy
    05 450r SOld
    06 450r
    Trx 440 ex

The bolt is seized to the spacers. It will still spin but the spacer will not let it pound out.

I've cut two of them out. It is a pain. Do a search and you will find tons of info on this.
    Operator of South Fork Competition Park near Richmond, VA.
    www.southforkmx.com or "Like" South Fork Competition Park on Facebook.
    2013 CRF450R
    2006 TRX450R

I hit on it for a while with a sledge too, then I ended up cutting off the head of the bolt and beating it out the other way. I had the same problem as you, but it worked once I punded it out the other way.
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

i sprayed mine with PB blaster for about 3 days.. then hit it with an air gun for 10minutes. then beat the heck out of it until the threds were gone in the nut.. but it came out.
    2004 Honda 400EX
    blackline pro nerf bars
    Pro taper 7/8bars
    IMSroll Hand guards
    Tag metals front racing bumper
    HMF full system sport series with Jets
    UNI air filter
    Maxxis Razr2's
    Protaper Pillowtops
    Full Skid plate
    EBC Rs
    +3.5 Advance Key
    Outerwears airbox cover
    ASV F3 Pro Clutch
    race cut white plastics

I ended up cutting it in half. The Sleeve/pivot bearing was completely welded to the bolt. This was not a fun job
    Anyone know if when you put a Lonestar swing arm in if you reuse the stock sleeves/pivot bearings. I obviously ruined the one that was on the machine and I want to know if I can just order a stock one
    2002 400EX
    Basically Stock and boring mostly cosmetic stuff.
    Eaton Viper 90
    Susuki 50 Quad

usually never is...lol, take it out once a year and grease it up
    02 400ex upgraded to 07 plastics, w/ DMP Graphics/seat cover
    DG bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid plate,motor sport nerf bars, 3'' riser with protaper se bars, k&n air filter, power madd hand guards,jeted, HMF slip-on,sparks timing key, RAD mfg double row carrier with anti fade lock nut(red), tinner scoops(PC black), C&D rebuilt/sprung 450r shocks, Hiper CF1's(black)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast