Thread: arm pump

arm pump

I have some cash and was wondering what would help the pump better, anti vibe stem, or steering stabalizer?

I just receivied one of these have yet to put it on, but hear alot of good things.
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=349366
    2001 Yellow 440ex

thats what I was looking at, Im just curious if the anti vibe stem will soak up the jolts as much as a dampner.

If you read that forum that will take care of most your arm pump I am thinking, I just put a burgard stem on mine and it had the anti vibe clamp, but I bought that first cause I bent my stock stem. I would think that the stabilizer would be alot easier to notice. I am putting my stabilizer on tonight.
    2001 Yellow 440ex

I got the fast flexx bars on my 400 and i can go about 10 times longer before i get any arm pump... They are a bit expensive but IMO they are worth it...
    -86 TRX250R, long rod, Cool head with 19cc dome, V-force 2 reeds, Keihin 38mm Air Striker carb, LRD exhaust, Elka triple rate w/rezzy shocks in front,Elka dual rate w/rezzy in back,+2+1 Lone star a-arms, gusseted frame, steel braided brake lines, Lone Star swing arm, and axle, anti fade hub, Pro ePeg nerfs, anti vibe steering stem, 1-1/8 909 bars, MSR raptor leaver, Pro Design teather, 88 plastics
    -86 ATC250r,long rod,ESR CR250 ignition, Cool head with 19cc dome, V-force 2 reeds,Keihin 36mm Air Striker carb, DG exhaust,lonestar extended axle, lonestar carrier, MSR raptor leaver, anti fade hub.
    -89 Trx250r, 86 atc motor, fmf pipe, boysen rad valve
    -01 440 EX,IMS 440 kit, 11:1 JE piston, old stage 2 Hot Cam, intake spacer, 04 TRX450r carb, ported, Hot Rod, FMF exhaust, 8oz lightened flywheel, Dyna FS ignition, white Maier plastics, ASR a-arms, Works triple rate shocks w/rezzys in front, aluminum air box, wave rotors front and rear, steel braided brake lines, DG rear grab bar, gearing 15/36, dura-blue axle, bead locks front and rear, MSR raptor leaver, Flexx bars, pro design teather
    -87 LT 500, Works triple rate shocks in front dual rate in back, +4" swing arm, Bills pipe,ported, V-force 3 reeds, 42mm carb, black plastics
    -83 ATC 70, Swamp Fox tires

get a dumb bell drill a hole through the center tie a 5 foot rope to it with a weight on the end and just keep winding it up and down it will work out your forearms
    heres a pic of what im talking about http://www.rosstraining.com/images/wristroller.jpg
    www.ohiomafiariders.com

When my adrenaline starts pumping is when I get the most arm pump. I find if I relax and loosen my grip just a bit it helps a lot. It's hard to do when your in the heat of battle. I don’t like the steering dampeners much unless it really a supper ruff track. The reason I don’t like them is the higher you set the dampening it slows you reaction time when you want to turn the bars quick. It makes it harder to turn fast. I don’t use the flex bars ether, I guess I just like to be abused. lol !!!!!!
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.