Thread: engine weight question.

engine weight question.

does anyone know what a 400ex engine weighs? thank you.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

an xr400 engine is 84 lbs, so the differences would be in the kick start vs having a starter, and the 400ex has beefier gears. they should be very similar in weight.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

my service manual list the engine dry weight as 41.5kg(91 lbs)
    460ex stroker ,triple rate shocks w/reserves,cfm alum. airbox,denton racing steering stablelizer,big gun over rev rev box, uni filter,stage 3 hotcam,renthal handlebars,msr clutch,full skid plate, pro peg nerf bars,trail tech vapor,fst secondary oil cooler,+1mm kibble white black diamond valves,port and polish,custom seat,maxis razr2 lonestar racing bearing carrier,gt thunder hd studs,barnett clutches and etc 16/38 gearing.sparks 39mm fcr carb.sparks x-6 bigcore exhaust.next mod will be clutches and tires alottttttttttttttttttt of money spent ok new clutches are installed sparks 8-plate system.next tires or more suspension mods
    this ex is getting real expensive
    real quick.but its real fastttttttt
    new sidewinder smart chain 2 and t2 16tooth front sprocket.can u say lifetime warranty on the sprocket.$$$

thanks again. my EX has been sold so i dont have the manual anymore. i was estimating the weight of the hybrid i am doing.
    If you can't modify it why have it???