Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oil

oil

just wondering what kind of oil is best to run and oil filter? 06 yfz 450. thanks

you will get a number of opinions on this one, we use hiflo oil filters and either Klotz, Maxima, or Tilube for oils but like I said you will get a lot of suggestion, another good oil is amsoil.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Re: oil

Originally posted by greasesucker
    just wondering what kind of oil is best to run and oil filter? 06 yfz 450. thanks
    I run synthetic Rotella in all my quads. $20 a gallon at Wal-Mart
    2010 AHSCS #7 overall

hiflo filter with Rotella T 15w40 $11.00 per gallon and it dose not harm clutches...alotta engine builders use it and also pro riders do some research on it and youll prb start using it if ur anything like i am i was using $5 per quart yamalube and my buddy tried telling me rotella was better and i wasnt bout to use rotella because of it being a auto oil but i was easily convienced when i talked to 90% of my buddies and few pro and pro-am racers used it b4 they got sponsored and got free oil from supporting company which i would switch also if it were free to me lol

i've always use bel-ray thumper oil in all my 4-stroke quads and the reusable filter, i think its pro flo. the thumper oil was 11 bucks a quart last time i bought any. just one of my pet peeves to run good oil i guess...
    2004 yfz-450- tt bike
    2002 400ex- tt back up bike
    2004 Raptor- still mint
    2001 blaster- project
    thanks to everyone who helps me out

oil is oil unless ur buying walmart super tech brand or havoline etc. anything that can be used in a wet clutch will work in a motocycle/atv. some ppl swear by amsoil but the last time i had my engine tore down i couldnt believe how clean the tranny and everything was..i still have stock oem crank in my bike and its a 06 raced every weekend in the A class i ride hard and it stands up to my abuse. ive always ran yamalube until i switched to rotella T if you change it properly then i dont see any worries i change mine every race it comes out barley greyish color my oil has never came out black or really dark brown.

Mobil1 makes a motorcycle oil but i dont see paying 10+ a quart for a bottle of oil as much as i change it that would be 1k+ a year in oil changes

I use Amsoil oil and the Yamaha filter from the dealership.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

i just drained my oil and it sounds like i will probably going with the Rotella T 15W40 or whatever and a stock filter because this is my first oil change and i have just been running whatever comes from the factory in these so it sounds like i will go with the rotella t 15w40 for 11 bucks a gallon. cant go wrong there.

One question though, with the Rotella T 15W40 work fine with the new '09 YFZ-r's?

just checking cuz you guys are the experts and i am the beginner.

Thanks
    '09 YFZ 450R
    -Tusk Nerfs with Heel Guards and Footpegs
    -Pro Armor Tether Kill Switch

id run it in a yfzr if i had one....they make rotella T 15w40 synthetic my buddy runs that in his 450r honda in the motor and regular in the tranny or may be the opposite but i knw he uses both just in diff compartments unlike yamaha is all one compartment together, with it being 11.00 per gallon you can afford to change it alot often than what other ppl do and can reuse the oil in something around the house like lawn equipment or etc. because the oil is still new after 1 race

alright thanks!! so it looks like i will be getting a gallon, maybe 2 or the rotella t 15w40 then...

also, where do i get a filter? should my local dealer have one to sell to me?

thanks again for all the help!
    '09 YFZ 450R
    -Tusk Nerfs with Heel Guards and Footpegs
    -Pro Armor Tether Kill Switch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast