Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 400ex raceing?

400ex racing?

Hi every one not sure were to put this but seeing i want to get a 400ex thought this must be a good place. Any ways i want to get into racing this season and was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers or tips or any info really like quad set up and what not. Im not sure what class i should start in seeing this would be my first organized race. I got a youtube channel if you want to see how i ride. youtube Thanks in advance.
    MX 2004 Honda 450r
    Bondi Built motor, Bondi Ported Head, HotCam Stage 2, Wiseco 13.1-1 Piston, Hotrod Crank & Rod, Wiseco Clutch Basket, Sparks Racing Intake, LRD full exhaust, UNI filter, K&N lid, D.I.D. chain, SunStar sprockets, LSR e-brake cancel, Baldwin Stainless steel Swing arm pivot bolt, Gusseted frame, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Houser +2 steering stem, Houser +2.5 Long-travel A Arms, Houser +1.25 Swing arm, Houser long travel linkage, Houser anti-vibe bar clamps, Houser air box lift, Houser chain guard, Elka Elite long travel shocks, Elka Elite remote reservoir long travel rear, Streamline Stainless brake lines, Baldwin Racing Bearing carrier, Baldwin Racing Anitfade lock nut, RPM Dominator 2 axle, ITP mx pro tires, Hiper tech-3 Beadlocks, Pivotworks bushings, AllBalls bearings, EBC brakes, Flexx bars, ODI lock-on grips, PowerMadd handguards, FTR graphics, Quad Tech Carbon fiber hood, AC Nerfbars, AC skidplate, AC grab bar, IMS bumper, Proarmor nerfbars, Pro design kill switch, FLY billet kill switch, zeta engine plugs, DRC radiator hoses, NGk plug

you can leave the motor pretty much stock, i would start with suspension, nerf bars, tether switch, tires. you can start racing in the 1st year class.

Originally posted by m36indiana
    you can leave the motor pretty much stock, i would start with suspension, nerf bars, tether switch, tires. you can start racing in the 1st year class.
    Yeah i was kind of thinking the same for set up. Can you explain a bit more what 1st year class is? Im a newbie to all this.
    MX 2004 Honda 450r
    Bondi Built motor, Bondi Ported Head, HotCam Stage 2, Wiseco 13.1-1 Piston, Hotrod Crank & Rod, Wiseco Clutch Basket, Sparks Racing Intake, LRD full exhaust, UNI filter, K&N lid, D.I.D. chain, SunStar sprockets, LSR e-brake cancel, Baldwin Stainless steel Swing arm pivot bolt, Gusseted frame, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Houser +2 steering stem, Houser +2.5 Long-travel A Arms, Houser +1.25 Swing arm, Houser long travel linkage, Houser anti-vibe bar clamps, Houser air box lift, Houser chain guard, Elka Elite long travel shocks, Elka Elite remote reservoir long travel rear, Streamline Stainless brake lines, Baldwin Racing Bearing carrier, Baldwin Racing Anitfade lock nut, RPM Dominator 2 axle, ITP mx pro tires, Hiper tech-3 Beadlocks, Pivotworks bushings, AllBalls bearings, EBC brakes, Flexx bars, ODI lock-on grips, PowerMadd handguards, FTR graphics, Quad Tech Carbon fiber hood, AC Nerfbars, AC skidplate, AC grab bar, IMS bumper, Proarmor nerfbars, Pro design kill switch, FLY billet kill switch, zeta engine plugs, DRC radiator hoses, NGk plug

1ST year class is for someone with no racing experience

Try the 400ex or 450r threed that may help you some.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=418286
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

Originally posted by slightlybent47
    Try the 400ex or 450r threed that may help you some.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=418286
    Haha thanks but im the one who posted that thread.
    MX 2004 Honda 450r

U sho nuf is!!!!!!!!!!
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

Originally posted by slightlybent47
    U sho nuf is!!!!!!!!!!
    ?
    MX 2004 Honda 450r

if your planning on racing i would say just jump up to the 450 because in the end it will pay off.If you get a 400 and then invest all the money of into the suspensions and everything you will be happy but after a season or two your going to want something with more power.The 450 is going to have that power and you can find them for pretty good prices and once you get everything for the 450 youll be set. I speak from experience i had a stock 400 wanted to start mx and bought almost everything i could find for my quad and i love it but i wish i invested into a 450 and had a decked out 450 now.
    05 YFZ450 JB/PEP/Rath/Motoworks

Originally posted by liex21
    if your planning on racing i would say just jump up to the 450 because in the end it will pay off.If you get a 400 and then invest all the money of into the suspensions and everything you will be happy but after a season or two your going to want something with more power.The 450 is going to have that power and you can find them for pretty good prices and once you get everything for the 450 youll be set. I speak from experience i had a stock 400 wanted to start mx and bought almost everything i could find for my quad and i love it but i wish i invested into a 450 and had a decked out 450 now.
    I completely agree. I bought my 400, then started riding MX and have sunk a lot of money into setting it up, where a 450 starts out as a better bike when it's stock. You can race a 400ex, some people do, but probably not ideal. My somewhat built 400ex doesnt compare to the fully built 450s that I'm up against.
    '05 Honda 400EX - SARA
    Pro Taper Contour SE bars - Pro Taper Pillow Top MX Grips - Kill Switch/Tether - ASV - 450R Shocks - Burgard +2 A Arms - AC Racing Nerfs - Blingstar Victory Bumper - 13/39 - White Bros. E Series Exhaust - K&N Air Filter - ITP Holeshot Rims & Tires - CF Hood - Badass Lil Rider =)

2010 Sponsors: DFR, SixSixOne, DWT Racing, Psycho Wear Clothing, Steel MX Optics

"Lift It, Fat Girls Can't Jump!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast