Thread: front brakes... dont work

front brakes... dont work

Wel it runs now but thats not a whole lot of good if it wont stop

Right now it has no rear brakes whatsoever and the front brakes were shot, so I got new pads, installed them and lost alot of fluid when I removed the lines... I simply had to to the get pistons to go in. Now the front brakes are completely locked up, especially the right side, and Ive bleed it every way I know how and it wont build any pressure at all. help! what am I doing wrong?

Re: front brakes... dont work

Originally posted by monkeydude36020
    Wel it runs now but thats not a whole lot of good if it wont stop

installed them and lost alot of fluid when I removed the lines... I simply had to to the get pistons to go in.
    you should be able to take the reservior off and get it all back into that so you dont have to disconnect the lines. i would get a tool to bleed them out i guess, brakes are no fun at all. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Yea you could have just taken the cap off and pushed them in that way, then you wouldnt need to bleed them. Make sure to take the rubber boot out also, that stays with the lid, I found out the hard way the last time I bleed mine. My helper didnt know any better lol.
    '02 440ex
    Modded air box lid
    450 carb
    K&N
    White Bros slip on
    450r shocks
    Houser +2 a arms
    Houser +1.25 swing arm
    RPM Dominator axle

Originally posted by wckedclownz69
    umm i like ICP and i like to 69....

I have always just used a socket and a pair of channel locks and just push the plunger in and drop in the new pads and put it back together. I never have to bleed anything and it only takes 10 minuets from start to finish.
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

Well I tried to clamp the lines so i wouldnt have to take off the cam... cause the screwes were messed up, but it didnt work. So I ended up back at the honda show getting new screws.

Anyways how does the bleeder tool work and where can get one?

i think they just suck the fluid through without pumping it. i am not really sure though. heres the link,

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

there are a few more that are really nice looking too if you just go to the search and type bleeder that is how i found this one. Some of them are like $100 steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

you have to get like a dremel tool and cut notches in the screws then use a flathead to take them out and just replace them. Its a pain when theyre stripped.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

yeah i ended up drilling out the entire screw then taking the cap off and the rest of them twisted right out...