Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Quiet Aftermarket Muffler

Originally posted by mitchconley
    i just did some research on the lexx pipe and just by reading some other forums and looking at the reviews on rockymountainatv.com it sounds pretty good. the only thing im scared of is that i will buy this, and replace my WB e-series, and this will still be really loud. can somebody who has had experience with both pipes help me out?
    I had a WB e-series. It was way too loud for the areas I ride. I sold it because of noise restrictions. I replaced it with a Lexx and I'm happy with it so far. The Lexx is rated at 93db with the included spark arrestor/quiet core which is much quieter than the WB. From personal experience the difference was very noticeable. I'm happy with the performance and the sound. It's louder than stock, but quieter than my WB.
    1999 400ex
    K&N w/outerwears
    Lexx MXe

Save the Dunes!
    www.savetheridersdunes.com

thank you so much. that is exactly what i was looking for. i am probably going to get a lexx now. thanks again for the help
    05 416ex
    Wiseco 87mm 10:1
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

let me know how it works out....I hate the WB's pipes. The quality is very poor and parts are pretty hard to come by now.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

yeah. i have a big dent in the side of mine and im sure its cracked somewhere. probably why theyre discontinued
    05 416ex
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

yeah. i have a big dent in the side of mine and im sure its cracked somewhere. probably why theyre discontinued
    Mine was the same way. Cracked welds are common on the e-series. The pipe weld cracked at the can. The spot welds holding the core in were broken. The front mounting bracket broke off. None of these were from wrecks, just normal usage. Overall, I just wasn't impressed with the quality of the e-series.

Whereas I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Lexx.
    1999 400ex
    K&N w/outerwears
    Lexx MXe

Save the Dunes!
    www.savetheridersdunes.com

The dent is supposed to be there. just fyi
    406ex - January '13 QOTM

oh hahahaha i never knew that. i always wondered how i dented it but i bought it used and never researched it so i just figured i dented it
    05 416ex
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12