Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Quiet Aftermarket Muffler

Hybrid View

Most Quiet Aftermarket Muffler

Right now i have an ex with a white brothers slip on and its so damn loud that i cant even ride without having somebody call the cops on me. i am willing to invest some money into getting another muffler but i really love the sound and the feeling of having a muffler, it makes the ride alot better. i was looking at an hmf slip on with a quiet core. but i wanted to get some more info on it.
    05 416ex
    Wiseco 87mm 10:1
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

do you have an R4? if you're looking for quiet, HMF is not the way to go. i would suggest lexx, fmf q series, or an e series with like 5 discs..if you can find a decent one. if people are calling the cops, just go back to stock.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

Hmf is like any other manufacturer that offers a quiet alternate. They ahve a new one slated to release at the first of the year but they offer the QRS now.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

id go with the lexx and make ure own quite core that will reduce the outlet diameter that should flow more cfm then stock and still be quiet , the wb eseries with 5 discs will be still a bit loud i ran 3 discs in mine and that realy choked the motor up but made the neighbors happy
    06 ktm300 xcw: trail weapon

99 400ex:
    .FMF megamax
    .FMF powerbomb header
    .10/1 wiesco pistion
    ,protaper se bars
    .Uni filter
    .nerf bars

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death…
    - Hunter S. Thompson

I gotta ask though. Are they calling the police on you because youre loud or because they dont want you riding? If its the latter than there wont be any pleasing them. The people in office are passing crazy db laws now and even stock youd be too loud around me. The passed one recently with a 75db noise ordinance and after 10pm it drops to 55!......those volumes are pretty unrealistic.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

i really like my drd exhaust its not really loud and it has a good sound and performance IMO.
    #88-Brett Buchanan
    04 450r
    64hp/36tq-Racers Edge sb/ss
    Ron Woods Pug Exhaust
    FCI Intake
    Dyna Ignition
    44mm Fcr

im riding where im not supposed to but i never had any problems before i bought a wheeler with a loud exhaust. im going to try taking some disks out of my muffler. 4 or 5 might be decent but idk. a stock ex is like 88dbs and the white brothers is alot more. i forget what it is exactly but its over 98db i know that
    05 416ex
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

Yeah the E-series is loud. I was never able to get mine quiet enough. You can make it quieter by removing discs, but if you remove too many discs you end up being no better than stock. I ended up selling it and getting a Lexx. Good performance and comes with a quiet core. It's much quieter than the E-series.
    1999 400ex
    K&N w/outerwears
    Lexx MXe

Save the Dunes!
    www.savetheridersdunes.com

hmf with quiet core is very very loud
    06 TRX300EX SOLD
    • HMF Full system pipe with red vector tip• DG Nerfs• oury gips• tag bars• dura blue spacers• blingstar ironcross bumper • 450r fat bar clamp• red powermadds with hand wrap• moose crf clutch lever• 07 red fenders• 135 main jet• kenda klaw tires front and rear• YFZ450 front calipers• quadtech seat

05 Trx450R
    •Fat Boy 4 Exhaust •K&N Air Filter •Laeger A-Arms •Nerfs

i just did some research on the lexx pipe and just by reading some other forums and looking at the reviews on rockymountainatv.com it sounds pretty good. the only thing im scared of is that i will buy this, and replace my WB e-series, and this will still be really loud. can somebody who has had experience with both pipes help me out?
    05 416ex
    White Bro's E-Series
    ITP SS112 rims
    ITP Holeshots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast