Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good vibrations?

good vibrations?

I finally broke my motor in and went riding yesterday compared to my old ATC250R this LT vibrates what seems to be a lot! do you guys also have LTs that vibrate quite a bit and have nuts vibrate loose? please give some input here
    97 BANSHEE gnarly pipes powercore 2 silencers adjustable timing plate tors eliminator/jetted full skids ITP rims with Kenda klaw MX all 4 nerf bars msr bars race cut front plastic boost bottle............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 87 LT250R(sold) +2 A-arms,38mm
    Airstriker HotRod crank,CT portin
    g/head work,wiseco 60 over,FMF,works rear shock,all new plastic/seat,Renthals,D.I.D.,ITP T-9s etc etc etc

Are your crank bearings good? Pull the stator cover and grab the flywheel... is it tight or does it have up and down play? Side to side = ok, but up and down... no good

sounds like the counterbalancer gear is not lined up properly.

It has new crank/bearings and entire top end done.I lined the counter balancer dots up too.my friends 88 does the same thing when revved high would you guys say yours vibrate more than a Honda 250r?
    97 BANSHEE gnarly pipes powercore 2 silencers adjustable timing plate tors eliminator/jetted full skids ITP rims with Kenda klaw MX all 4 nerf bars msr bars race cut front plastic boost bottle............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ................................... 87 LT250R(sold) +2 A-arms,38mm
    g/head work,wiseco 60 over,FMF,works rear shock,all new plastic/seat,Renthals,D.I.D.,ITP T-9s etc etc etc

I've owned several lt250R's and ridden a few trx 250R's and didn't notice one vibrating more than the other. You do know there are 3 dots to line up right? I made the mistake of only lining up 2 of them and it vibrated like a beast.

I'm gonna check it out I thought the dots on the counter balancer gear and the one at the end of the crank shaft are it thanks
    Originally posted by jerkin
    I've owned several lt250R's and ridden a few trx 250R's and didn't notice one vibrating more than the other. You do know there are 3 dots to line up right? I made the mistake of only lining up 2 of them and it vibrated like a beast.

Yeah, there is one on both the drive and driven gears as well as the crankshaft.

Yeah, there is one on both the drive and driven gears as well as the crankshaft.
    so just so I understand you correct,there is one dot on the gear that goes on the counter balancer,2 dots on the gear that is to the right and then another?

There is one dot on the driven gear which is on the balancer, one dot on the drive gear which is on the crankshaft, and one dot on the crankshaft. All three have to be lined up. I'll see if I can copy a pic of it from my manual.

There is one dot on the driven gear which is on the balancer, one dot on the drive gear which is on the crankshaft, and one dot on the crankshaft. All three have to be lined up. I'll see if I can copy a pic of it from my manual.
    that would be great I came to far with this bike to give up its sick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast