Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KFX 450R Front Shock Install

Originally posted by gt400ex
    Great write up! How is it sitting with the new shocks? Higher/ lower?
    I haven't adjusted them at all or taken any measurements. I think I remember reading in one of the other guys' thread that it doesn't change it much at all, like 1/8" lower or something.
    '05 TRX400EX:
    |White Bros. E-Series Exhaust|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb: 165 Main, 52 Pilot|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|TAG T2 Bars|MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles|

Now that they are installed, they look great. Seems like way too much modification for me though. If you have to cut and grind that much to make something fit, I think it might have been worth a few extra bucks to just pick up some 450R shocks that fit way better. Cutting the frame is where I draw the line.

I bet they ride ten times better than stock though. I know I was very happy when I got rid of the stocker pogosticks for some decent shocks.
    Jeff

06' Raptor 700R - FCI, PCV, +3Tb, Barker Duals, GT Thunder Dual Rate, Burgard +2+1 Arms and +2 Stem...

06' Raptor 80 - FMF, Uni

05' Honda 450R - 471cc, CP 12.5, HC2, Sparks Head & Exhaust, FCI, FCR, Houser +2, Burgard Stem, Elka Triple Rate, G-Force XC-1 & Extended Axle, STI Tech 4 XC, Custom Powder...

Originally posted by Sinister95Z
    Now that they are installed, they look great. Seems like way too much modification for me though. If you have to cut and grind that much to make something fit, I think it might have been worth a few extra bucks to just pick up some 450R shocks that fit way better. Cutting the frame is where I draw the line.

I bet they ride ten times better than stock though. I know I was very happy when I got rid of the stocker pogosticks for some decent shocks.
    I didn't cut the frame I just took a little of the back bracket down to have the shock fit. I've seen some of the guys do the same for the TRX450r shock installs. Yeah, it did take a little work but I'm fine with that. No way I could have found a brand new pair of any other 450 shocks for the same price.
    '05 TRX400EX:
    |White Bros. E-Series Exhaust|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb: 165 Main, 52 Pilot|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|TAG T2 Bars|MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles|

I love workin on my quad and these shocks were a blast to mod! And for 110$ off there was no better deal!
    2002 400ex
    White Bros slip-on E-series
    K&N w/outerwears
    Airbox modded
    CDI box
    162 main jet
    DG fatty series nerf bars
    Full Flight racing +2 +1 Aarms
    Dura Blue wheel spacers all around
    KFX 450r Shocks
    Sparks Key
    4 in spal fan
    Odi Rouge grips
    Custom CNC stabilizer

I wish I had a bandsaw, stationary or cordless, when I did mine. Yours came out cleaner since you have access to a grinder. You will like them, much better that stock.
    Black 05 400ex---risers, tag fat bars, renthal sprockets, um bumper, full chassis skid, tusk nerfs, custom pb blockoff, UNI filter, custom outerwears airbox lid, srp timing advance key, Jardine RT-4 slip-on, kfx450 shocks, spal fan, tusk d flex handguards, ccp stabilizer, gbc x-rex/ duro hook ups,

Finally got out and got them all adjusted and tested out. It's an unbelievable difference. With the the shocks adjusted it actually lowers the front it down a bit and widens out the stance. I feel like it gives my fronts a lot more bite in the corners. Overall it was well worth the time and money. Oh, and I found out that my friend had a set of low hour YFZ fronts that he would have given to me. Oh well, still really happy with the KFXs.
    '05 TRX400EX:

just curious on what you have your settings at?
    im 200 pounds
    im doing the mod this week end
    thanks i hope it works as well as you say it does
    also were do you have your rear set at?
    2001 400ex yellow
    cdi box
    k&N with outer wear
    dg excellerator slip on
    dg nerfs with pro pegs
    dg black textured front bumper
    air scoops off ebay painted black
    spider grips
    ebc brakes
    armadillo swing arm skid
    pro armour belly skid
    05 kfx450 front shocks
    sparkes +6 key
    black flame shock covers
    parking brake block off
    magnum easy pull clutch perch and lever

I have everything fairly stiff as I am 6'5" 270lbs. Don't know the exact settings, though.
    '05 TRX400EX:

ok i guess il start in the middle and work from there
    the back is what im most concerend about
    as i go thru the whoops it starts to pogo on me
    any advice would help
    2001 400ex yellow
    cdi box
    k&N with outer wear
    dg excellerator slip on
    dg nerfs with pro pegs
    dg black textured front bumper
    air scoops off ebay painted black
    spider grips
    ebc brakes
    armadillo swing arm skid
    pro armour belly skid
    05 kfx450 front shocks
    sparkes +6 key
    black flame shock covers
    parking brake block off
    magnum easy pull clutch perch and lever

Most likely the rebound is returning your shock back to the standard position too quickly. If you have too fast of a setting the bike will want to buck you. It's something you have to mess with, a lot. Just make sure you do it out where you can test it.

Here is an article that helped me: http://www.atvrideronline.com/tech/1...ion/index.html
    '05 TRX400EX:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast