Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Frequently asked 450R questions/thread!s

How about the clutch mod where you remove the jutter spring.

just added the valve adjustment how to. any other idea's let me know i still try to update this thread so it won't fall back into the pages.
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

Cams

might note that the 08+ Cams are different as well. So i assume the heads are different as well, but i don't know.
    Grant

Re: Cams

Originally posted by grant14
    might note that the 08+ Cams are different as well. So i assume the heads are different as well, but i don't know.
    Only the e-start are different.

Exhaust

The Rossier Pipe has an option for a 95Db kit pictured here is a YFZ silencer but the kit will work on all Rossier pipes

Haven't went through all the comments but Cannondale wheels (every model) will fit.
    '06 450ER
    '93 300ex

When you do the green wire mod on the 06+ when you cut it what do you do with it then ? Im not catching on . Does it need to be touching another wire or what ?
    Nitrous is like a hooker with an STD, you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences !

No, that would be bad. Just tape the cut ends off, it should not touch anything at all.

Originally posted by Sqwrly
    When you do the green wire mod on the 06+ when you cut it what do you do with it then ? Im not catching on . Does it need to be touching another wire or what ?
    what I usually do is kill 2 birds with one stone ......

on the same connector on the cdi, is a pink/grey stripe wire this wire is the carb throttle safety circuit (tors)

the green wire mod is isolating the green from the cdi,
    then I take the other side of the green from harness to totally bypass the tors by grounding out the tors at the cdi

cut the pink/grey wire and isolate the harness side and splice the harness green to the cdi pink/grey

this does both green wire mod and tors eliminated,

you end up with the green from the cdi caped off and isolated, and the pink/grey from harness caped and isolated, and pink/grey from cdi spliced to the green that you would have dead ended from the harnes

Originally posted by Scro
    The 04/05 models can not be converted to use the 06+ electric start components. The only way to get e-start on them is the Goki system.

how about a 05 to 06 motor swip? does the 05 carb plug in to the 06 hardness?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast