Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hagerty intake

installed mine today . gotta say it really wasnt that bad. i didnt need to make any special tools or take plastic off , just used a regular allen wrench and a 10 mm open end for the front bolt , wich i used a hex head for. no problems with throttle cable hanging up either. only issue i see is i will need to trim fender. i have a 70 that has alot into it and i really didnt think i could get any more out of it , but this intake did def give me a bit more bottom and top . i dont have a leak down tester yet but i did spray around base when bike was running and didnt get any spike in rpms , i am making a tester soon and will really see if it fully sealed. biggest key i could tell you when installing is just take your time
    #919 tyler rich drr 2011 neatv 50cvt champion
    #999 ronnie rich 2011 neatv 70 champion

2011 support
    HETRICK RACING
    DIGGEN RACING
    G FORCE
    ONEAL
    AMSOIL
    big thanks to jetmedic

Not to change the subject can someone please chime in and tell me the difference between Haggerty and Frazier other than the Frazier is reverse and big reeds. Are they even comparable to one another? Thanks just wanting to know! Happy holidays guys and gals.

Re: link

Originally posted by thequadfather+2
    Here's a link to photobucket. The video is an edit I did while my 6 year old was playing around on his 70. This is the one we just put the intake on. You can hear the RPM's really climb a few seconds after going WOT. I cant tell if we robbed any bottom end yet but when it comes alive you can sure tell it. You can really notice it when he makes a u-turn in the gravel and pins the throttle each time. need to turn up the speakers to really hear it.

The 70 is a 2009 with a stage 6 sport pro cylinder kit, pcs pipe and stage 6 adjustable clutch with 3.5 rollers. It's jetted 118 / 45 / needle #2 from the top.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...gtheintake.flv
    what rear sping are u running . i did notice a slight hesitation off the start on ours also , almost like rollers were a bit heavy , i run ztr1500 with 4.1 , im gonna drop rollers and see if it makes a dif
    #919 tyler rich drr 2011 neatv 50cvt champion
    #999 ronnie rich 2011 neatv 70 champion

2011 support
    HETRICK RACING
    DIGGEN RACING
    G FORCE
    ONEAL
    AMSOIL
    big thanks to jetmedic

First with regard to the intsall, There should not be any problems when using a hex head bolt in the front. I did not consider it until I had problems getting the standard bolt back in it. When I switched to the hex head it went in alot easier. I did not have a leak when I sprayed around it, no change in the RPM's. I did have a leak when I put only 3-4 psi into it with the tester. I finally just put high temp RTV on the outside around the bolt and got it sealed. Brad Loomis actually chimed in early in this thread about using the hex head and I switched to it. You aint seen problems until you try to put the standard bolt back in it...

This thread should save a few headaches for those that just buy the intake and try to use the same hardware....

That quad has a ZTR 1500 in it and the spring was new. The rollers are light @ 3.5. That characteristic started after the intake change. It comes out of the bottom of the RPM's OK but really screams about 2-3 seconds after going WOT. It doesnt sound like a bog, sounds normal then hitting nitrous or something...

I have been satisfied with it, no complaints from me. I thinks it's worth the money.

hey cheeseman, i think billie's was out for a while and copied to some extent. billie holt has had one for three years for the big reeds. i know this because i build them for him. our agreement was for them to go with his high end motors.
    this intake should help on top end and mid, it looks really cool!!!!
    billie f designed his intake for tt and a high reving motor the dude could really come up with some stuff.
    any way that's my 2 cents!!! dave

Thanks Dave.

Thanks Dave. I knew someone knew something about these. How are you Dave?

anyone have a pic of a Billy Frazier intake ? I've never seen one .
    God bless,
    from your friends at Hot Quads
    334-705-0084

Heres one Marc.

This uses the big reed set up Marc. Yz85 reeds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow

are those 2 cast alum. halves screwed together???
    man that is an expensive part to make if it is. looks kinda like a ship or monster or something i saw on a Disney movie once
    Chris Wood

my tools

is that the 19mm snap on socket I loaned you?????????
    Chris Wood

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast