Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagerty intake

Very interested in gains on a stock 2009 90cc.Will it be worth the $$$ or will this be better to wait for next season when we have motor upgrades? We race with the quadfathers sons and have let him outdo or get ahead lol. If anyone has any # on gains this would help a lot. As Marc knows after we last talked I let the quadfather get one up on me and now with winter arena cross and no time for major mods my son and myself need all the help we can get lol. My stock 90 and this 70 in the pics will practice together tomorrow so maybe we will be able to see if there are any gains from the intake. After last week Friday night the 90 was right behind the 70 and then Saturday the 70 was right behind the 90.

Huh.......... I was not aware that "Marc and Gary" had a Dyno?

Originally posted by CatHR
    Quadfather,
    My hat is off to you, you've got a good bit of time into this post and your project here.
    The Haggerty Intake is something Hetricks have been playing with for quite some time now. People like Bassani have been running it for a while. I thought this intake system was sold as a complete kit, mostly because that is how Hetricks sell it. They include the bolt that you were struggling with as well. Basically I thought you would get it and just bolt it on. Atleast Gary and Mark were able to give you some suggestions on how to do the final assembly. I don't remember hearing anything about clearance issues though. Not sure why you would be having problems there.
    As for the power gains, I believe that people are seeing a 2HP gain on average. Of course the rest of the engine build is going to play a factor into deciding what everybody see's as a gain. I know that running these mini quads on a Dyno is a little tricky. It's not like a regular shifter type quad. If you don't know what you are doing, your results can be very misleading and inaccurate. I can't wait to see what Gary and Mark get for HP gains on their Dyno. Hopefully they will be posting on here soon.
    Again, my hat is off to you Quadfather. Nothing like doing it the hard way. Atleast you walk away with that sence of doing it yourself and all the knowledge that came with it. Good luck with the jetting and clutching once you have the intake figured out.
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

Hey Gary, Did you ever get that water type dyno figured out?
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Dyno's on cvt's are over rated, nothing beats a good ol' *** dyno. Unfortunately gary has a big crack in his.
    Proud father of
    Buddy Williams #16
    7 Time National Champion
    3 Time ITP Quadcross Champion
    World MX 90cc Champion
    First runner up ATVSport Youth Cross Country Rider of the year 07&08
    www.buddywilliamsracing.com

2012 Season Sponsors

Fox Racing Shox
    Walsh Racecraft
    DWT
    Motoworks/Can Am
    x-stream composites
    DP Brakes
    GPR steering stabilizers
    Stuck on Racing Graphics
    Maxima Racing Oils
    Leatt inc.

speaking of butt dynos

We rode the 70 today and did notice some changes. Our 70 is a 09 from Hot Quads, Stage 6 sport pro cylinder kit and PCS pipe. Stock PWK 21 carb, jetted 118/45 (needle 2nd slot from the top) in about 65-68 degrees about 300-500 elevation

The big change I noticed was about midrange or maybe at the top of midrange into the higher portion the RPM's jump up like it finds another gear and pulls harder. It is very obvious and almost seemed like it found the power-band on an old CR250. It was so obvious when it hit you could hear the RPMs jump up by about 500. I may get a chance to video it later this week and post a link.

I couldnt see much if any improvement down low, but the quad runs great and I am pleased. I still ended up with a problem sealing it, during the leak test I noticed a few small bubbles around the slotted bolt hole. I put RTV around the bolt and the slot on the outside, seems ok now.

I would like to hear what the results have been on the 90's and if anyone has seen any different results than what I saw on their 70...

did any one have to cut the front plastics? I installed ours today and there is no way to get a filter on the carb. any pics with plastics on?
    Thanks to:God
    G- Force Powersports

also is there any tricks to see if theres any leaks without the leak down tester??
    G- Force Powersports

Plastic on quad in the pics did not have to get cut but it was close. He also made his own leak down tester with parts from the hardware store.

We used the aluminum 30mm adapter and the angle is a little different so unless im doing this wrong the edge of the plastics touches about 1/3 of the carb mouth. Any one try the alum adapter yet??
    G- Force Powersports

intake

Marc at hot quads had his on the bike but had not mounted the plastic at that time. He mentioned that he thought it looked like it was gonna be tight, he runs the 30mm carb as well. I can take a pic later but it wont help much, mine was on the stock carb. I was happy with the position of the filter and plastic, no issue there.

I would like to know if it leaks. I thought we had ours sealed on two occasions but was wrong. I only used 4 psi and the guage was moving very slowly back down. When I sprayed it down with soapy water it was bubbling around the slotted hole. I ended up putting the RTV on the outside all the way around the bolt and slot.

Thanks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast