Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagerty intake

++

last one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: instructions

Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
    yeah that was a good thread quadfather,
    Yunno ummmm Christmas is almost here and somebody might have some complicated toys to put together so could we put in requests and you give us some good picture / instructional threads on toy assembly
    Pay the extra $$ and get the pre-assembled stuff, I dont think anything is ever easy....not for me anyway, if there is any way to screw it up I can find it without much help, thankfully my father-in-law is a pretty good machinist, pipe fitter, tool & dye and mechanic with a nice shop full of expensive equipment ready to fix my mistakes.....

Originally posted by DAVYS DAD
    anyone have this on a dyno yet? I know a few shops have and are claming 1.5-2.0 hp that would sell me on it.not to impressed with installiton though!

later
    i know SMS had one on the dyno and had good #s out of it . i do beleive he did some testing with various pipes and got different #s ,some good some bad.
    IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOUR LAST!

ok

well maybe it's sealed now Marc gave me some suggestions that helped. checked the bottom with a flat file and found that it needed a little work. We took about 15 minutes and got it flat. We also used a different bolt as suggested earlier by bradloomis (hex bolt with flat washer). In the pic you can see where the file missed the surface indicating the areas that were a bit high.

Keep in mind I am not complaining just pointing out what I have done. If anyone has any trouble with theirs they can use this, may be helpful. We had a signifigant air leak....

Maybe we can ride tomorrow and we'll see how it performs.

well maybe it's sealed now Marc gave me some suggestions that helped. checked the bottom with a flat file and found that it needed a little work. We took about 15 minutes and got it flat. We also used a different bolt as suggested earlier by bradloomis (hex bolt with flat washer). In the pic you can see where the file missed the surface indicating the areas that were a bit high.

Keep in mind I am not complaining just pointing out what I have done. If anyone has any trouble with theirs they can use this, may be helpful. We had a signifigant air leak....

Maybe we can ride tomorrow and we'll see how it performs.

++

++

++

new bolt works much better

nice pics and good info , we have tested it on the 90 with good results, I have not personally tried on 70 yet . The throttle cable clears fine . Its a lil tricky to instal but worth the effort. there are other options for a boot , Haggerty is making an aluminum snout for each carb size that will eliminate the rubber boot.
    marc
    God bless,
    from your friends at Hot Quads
    334-705-0084

Quadfather,
    My hat is off to you, you've got a good bit of time into this post and your project here.
    The Haggerty Intake is something Hetricks have been playing with for quite some time now. People like Bassani have been running it for a while. I thought this intake system was sold as a complete kit, mostly because that is how Hetricks sell it. They include the bolt that you were struggling with as well. Basically I thought you would get it and just bolt it on. Atleast Gary and Mark were able to give you some suggestions on how to do the final assembly. I don't remember hearing anything about clearance issues though. Not sure why you would be having problems there.
    As for the power gains, I believe that people are seeing a 2HP gain on average. Of course the rest of the engine build is going to play a factor into deciding what everybody see's as a gain. I know that running these mini quads on a Dyno is a little tricky. It's not like a regular shifter type quad. If you don't know what you are doing, your results can be very misleading and inaccurate. I can't wait to see what Gary and Mark get for HP gains on their Dyno. Hopefully they will be posting on here soon.
    Again, my hat is off to you Quadfather. Nothing like doing it the hard way. Atleast you walk away with that sence of doing it yourself and all the knowledge that came with it. Good luck with the jetting and clutching once you have the intake figured out.

you would think with the price of one that would have been done already but i guess not

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast