Thread: lowering rear on pred

lowering rear on pred

What can I do to lower the rear on my pred. Since it has no link do you just mod the shock and change the spring or what.

You can add a zero preload spring and cross over to lower the ride height it works really well
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

i have an 05 tld shock with the 03 spring set up its amazing too bad i cant get a good set up for the front. pushes like crazy!!! ill trade my 05 for another 400ex anyday
    BURNT PISTON RACING...NOT A BETTER TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!

THE MAYOR

Mine is a 04 but I have an 03 sitting in the shop with a grenaded motor I never looked but is the spring that much different. I want to do a little flat tracking just don't want to spend a whole lot. thanks.

Originally posted by exracer416
    i have an 05 tld shock with the 03 spring set up its amazing too bad i cant get a good set up for the front. pushes like crazy!!! ill trade my 05 for another 400ex anyday
    lets do it.

you shouldnt have push like that if its set up properly. If youre willing to spend some coin call up jdperformance and get a set of adjustable uppers and set it all up at the same time. I never had much push but mine did get twitchy WOT but now its straight as an arrow. I wouldnt put an 03 spring on an 05 shock but thats just me.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

id say the spring setup is fine a bit sot for mx but creat for the woods its a dual rate setup, the push is mainly from not having the front set up right, sits higher than the rear, (kinda workig on that) but kinda at a stand still till it gets sold or traded for another 400ex. you can also lower the subframe and have c&d or rocket ron redo the suspension where they cut the shafts down, oh and i have the 03 swingarm as well to keep the front end down a little better. i think its a great setup for the rear but thats just me

THE MAYOR

what kind of 400 are you looking for? what are you looking for in trade?

thats what Im saying about the rear the 03 shock is longer than the 05 and the spring is different too. The swingarm is longer and would be fine if you had the 03 shock seems like it would be soft and short but if it works for you.
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

as far as the 400 goes im open to offers, pics would be a plus was kinda lookin for an 05 but we'll see. what do you have?

THE MAYOR