Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 05 engine vs 06 +

05 engine vs 06 +

I have been reading up on building my trx450 engine, It is an 06 engine. I came across some stuff online and was told by a couple of engine builders, that most of the GNCC pros preferred the 05 motor over the 06-07. It mentioned the 05 revving slower and something about the stoke being different.
    But i thought a lighter or heavier flywheel would get your revs up quicker or a weighted one would remedy the quick rev if you didnt like it,
    I had just never heard this or read it anywhere I was asking hasd anyone else heard this information

The 05 is a faster motor all around bud... I owned an 05 and 07 and the 05 walked on it in trails and straights no matter if I was riding it or my buddy def. seems faster idk why tho....
    MX416EX SOLD

2005 450R
    HRC
    Houser
    HIPER
    Kenda
    AC
    Trailtech
    Sparks
    G-Force
    Akraix

Re: 05 engine vs 06 +

Originally posted by quadfmx
    I read the other day, It was talking about in 06 and 07 alot of GNCC pros was still running the 05 engine b.c they liked the stroje of it better, It was saying they liked the slower rec.
    Id sny of thid true
    what?
    05 TRX450R

full DASA port work

& 06 TRX450R

piped and ready for the dunes.

I read the other day, It was talking about in 06 and 07 alot of GNCC pros was still running the 05 engine b.c they liked the stroje of it better, It was saying they liked the slower rec.
    Id sny of thid true
    WTF?

What does that mean. can you edit it and repost what your asking.

I have been reading up on building my trx450 engine, It is an 06 engine. I came across some stuff online and was told by a couple of engine builders, that most of the GNCC pros preferred the 05 motor over the 06-07. It mentioned the 05 revving slower and something about the stoke being different.
    But i thought a lighter or heavier flywheel would get your revs up quicker or a weighted one would remedy the quick rev if you didnt like it,
    I had just never heard this or read it anywhere I was asking hasd anyone else heard this information
    The 04-05 has a longer stroke than the 06-07 models according to the service manual. 04-05 is 64.8mm stroke and a 06-07 is a 62.1mm stroke.
    06-07 has a larger bore: 96mm vs. 94mm bore of a 04-05. Compression ratio is as follows:
    04-05: 10.5:1
    06-07: 12.0:1
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

From what I have found out is that most guys went with the 04-05 motor because of the tranny being much more reliable than the 06 and up years. The motors can be made to haul as well but mainly for the stronger bottom end.

I have 2 05's and 2 07's and i race mx and worcs. I like the way the 05 motors run better. More low end and smoother power they dont wear you out. The 07 motors have a hit to them and some riders like that. The 06 and newer machines make more power stock but once build they dont make quite as much but the 05 motor takes more to get it there and takes more money. The 05 style motor has ALOT better transmission as well wich is primarly why i like the older motor better jmo
    Trx450r drag bike

Originally posted by fmfhonda250r
    I have 2 05's and 2 07's and i race mx and worcs. I like the way the 05 motors run better. More low end and smoother power they dont wear you out. The 07 motors have a hit to them and some riders like that. The 06 and newer machines make more power stock but once build they dont make quite as much but the 05 motor takes more to get it there and takes more money. The 05 style motor has ALOT better transmission as well wich is primarly why i like the older motor better jmo
    I think the FCR carb has alot to do with wearing yea out. This isn't the first time I heard that about the 06 and newer quads. Those FCR carbs just flat out hit hard!
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

My 05 felt so fast, until I made my car faster and now the power is boring lol Its stock so it could use an uncorking.

You can get more power out of an 05' exactly why Byrd always ran them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast