Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some pictures from today - Lovell Canyon, NV

Some pictures from today - Lovell Canyon, NV

Had a nice day of riding today with my dad out at Lovell Canyon here in Nevada. Only 45 minutes from my front door. Here's a few pictures I snapped on my phone. I'll probably post some more ones that were taken with an actual camera.

After the first ride:

Back at home dirty:

And clean:

It's awesome having two Hondas exactly 20 years apart. It's really crazy when we ride together, the sounds of the bikes seem to harmonize.
    '05 TRX400EX:
    |White Bros. E-Series Exhaust|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb: 165 Main, 52 Pilot|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|TAG T2 Bars|MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles|

Few more pictures:

I went ahead and re-sized them so it wouldn't take forever for people to load.
    '05 TRX400EX:
    |White Bros. E-Series Exhaust|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb: 165 Main, 52 Pilot|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|TAG T2 Bars|MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles|

looks awesome! i would love to ride in the southwest someday. how does your 400 stack up against the 350?
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

Originally posted by Pipeless416
    looks awesome! i would love to ride in the southwest someday. how does your 400 stack up against the 350?
    X2. I bet its a blast with that much area
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

Originally posted by Pipeless416
    Yeah, we've got some pretty nice riding out here. And I can keep up with him fine until he hits that 6th gear (I'm always looking for 6th on my bike haha). That thing is crazy fun to ride, though. That much power on three wheels is just scary. The front wheel is off the ground like 80% of the time haha.
    '05 TRX400EX:

Is Lovell Canyon south of the city? My buddy used to lived in vegas for 10 years. He never mentioned that place. We did ride at armagosa,cold creek and apex..that place sucks lol
    2001 416 EX
    11.5:1 JE piston, ported and polished,1mmover valves, 3 angle grind, HD springs,Hot Rod crank,Web Cam 479, HD Studs, Wheelie Key,DMC AB slip on, 450r carb UNI filter,Outerwear,110 race fuel
    Powdercoated Frame,Houser +3 Long Travel arms, Burgard +1 chromoly stem, Denton steering stabilzer, Jannsen + 1.25 outlaw 2 swinger, Lonestar +3 axle, LSR blockoff,LSR carrier, Elka Elite LT shocks, Custom Axis remote rear,Regina chain,LSR subframe, LSR anti fade nut
    ALBA propeg nerfs, AC grab bar, IMS Roll bumper, Protaper fat bars,ODI Grips, RTC levers, Streamline braided lines, Pro Armor tether,
    Hiper Tech 3 beadlock wheels on GNCC rears and Razr2 fronts

www.ledenergy18.com

this position makes the new fendered 400 actually look decent with the tags and everything on it. Very nice!
    http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/527...ictures022.jpg

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Originally posted by Ntensweapon
    Is Lovell Canyon south of the city? My buddy used to lived in vegas for 10 years. He never mentioned that place. We did ride at armagosa,cold creek and apex..that place sucks lol
    x2. I've never heard of it either. It looks pretty sweet, and my brother lives in N. Vegas, so he'd probably like to hit that place up.
    '00 416ex -- 11:1 Wiseco, stage 1 HotCams, LEXX slip-on w/ modded header, ASR +2 arms, 450r shocks, G-Force axle, FST style cooler, Trail Tech bars and clamp

Temporarily retired from my extremely short (but successful) racing career.

Maybe some IXCR in the near future.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. - Thomas Jefferson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Originally posted by F-16Guy
    x2. I've never heard of it either. It looks pretty sweet, and my brother lives in N. Vegas, so he'd probably like to hit that place up.
    You take Blue Diamond heading west out to highway 160 (like you're heading to Pahrump). Once you get to Mountain Springs, don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but there's a little fire station and bar off to the right of the highway, that's Mountain Springs. Once you pass that the turn off for Lovell is about 8 miles up the highway on the right hand side. The turn off is a paved road and it will go back pretty far, there's little places to camp and park off to the sides of the road. There is a fork at the end of the road, the right leads to some giant private ranch, the left heads up the mountain to Lovell summit. It's about a 2 hour trail that leads up the mountain and over. Once you get over you can take the trail all the way into Pahrump. There's also trials surrounding the paved road that you can take, most are just washes that are full of loose gravel that's pretty fun to ride. There's also a nice trail that will take you back to Spring Mountain. You can drive right up to the bar and park your bikes then go in for some food or a drink. They also have a little volley ball court and horse shoe pit. My favorite trail is off to the right side (east side) of the road that runs along the power lines. You can get going pretty good, I hit 5th gear pinned on my bike a few times on it. Only that that sucks is there are some pretty big rocks every now-and-then that you need to steer clear of.

It's not the biggest place, my dad and I hit pretty much every trail out there in just a few hours (started riding at 9 am and left at 3 pm). Overall it's a nice place to head out for the day to go ride and there's some nice camping spots that you can set up camp for the night if you want. Oh and there are some hiking trails in the area too, if that's your thing.
    Originally posted by honda400ex2003
    this position makes the new fendered 400 actually look decent with the tags and everything on it. Very nice!
    http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/527...ictures022.jpg

steve
    Thanks, I've always liked the new style. Mostly because that's what I own haha. Can't wait to get the 450R shocks on. Should make it look, and ride, 10x better.
    '05 TRX400EX:

im not saying i like the new style lol. I just think yours looks good at that angle with the tags and stuff on it. lol. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast