Thread: engine locked up (05 yz250f)

engine locked up (05 yz250f)

so.... my buddyn was ridin his 250 to my house and the rear tire locked up completely and now the kick starter wont even rotate the motor. we tried rotating it from the crank and theres nothing. any ideas what might me wrong? i was thinking either the piston seized up or the crank bearings locked up. thanks.
    2002 440ex
    PEP•Wiseco•Duncan•AC•Dunlop

'98 ford f150 4x4

Only way to know is to take it apart..

I would guess the piston seized.

I would first look at the spark plug.
    89TRX310ESR,9porting,11pipe,38Mikuni,Ported Radvalve,CR ignition, lightened CR flywheel, lightened counterbalancer,Dunlophttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/000_0769.jpg

another good High Tech 4 stroke bites the dust... Time to tear it down and empty your wallet lol
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

Re: engine locked up (05 yz250f)

Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
    so.... my buddyn was ridin his 250 to my house and the rear tire locked up completely and now the kick starter wont even rotate the motor. we tried rotating it from the crank and theres nothing. any ideas what might me wrong? i was thinking either the piston seized up or the crank bearings locked up. thanks.
    Similar thing happened to me in my "has this happened to you" thread. My case was rare but i bet it was the rings or piston. Spark plug and engine cap/dome are the first things to look at.
    Special thanks to all my sponsors for this year's racing!