Thread: number 13 front sprocket a good idea for moe technical riding ?

Post number 13 front sprocket a good idea for moe technical riding ?

Howzitt guys
    Roger from south africa wants to know if a no.13 front sprocket is a good idea for more technical riding . I have had my 700xx for only 2 months and am loving it . had a renegade which was blinged and very fast but trashed it and back on a sports model again .

Please give me some advice .
    Roger from quad paradise

Welcome to the forums. Yes it is a very good idea. You'll be able to lug it down in first gear for climbing over obstacles without slipping the clutch so much. The amount of bottom end torque is very much needed in technical riding.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp

Many thanks and I have ordered the 13 sprocket and looking forward to testing and riding . We do lots of rocks and mountain trail riding .
    South Africa must be quad heaven and there are little restrictions so long as you are considerate and careful . There is no place for yahoos and idiots .

You're welcome. It'll make a huge difference on the bottom end of the power band and you'll only lose about 5 MPH on the top end. So no real bad effects. No yahoo's or idiots???? You're VERY lucky. I wouldn't know how to act if those people didn't show up where I ride
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp

Many thanx for your interest and keep up the good work .
    Give it horns and enjoy .
    Cheers Roger

Thanks for the info regarding the 13 tooth front sprocket.
    I'm a ATV newbie, I just sold my 400EX and got a 2008 700XX. I love the EFI and got a great left-over year end deal.

Does any one know where I can get a good 13 tooth front sprocket and also a write up on how to install it?

I'm handy with cars, but I have never worked on an ATV before.

Thanks in advance.

Any cycle shop can get you one, the 450r uses the same front sprocket. prices should range from about $12 to $25 depending on brand.