Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gncc coen/earley

gncc coen/earley

coen definately ran the 150 and earley ran the 125 supposedly????

can you tell us a little more about this?
    When & where? What were the results and did you see the machines first hand up close? Your impression of the power in comparison to the competitors?

pister

go to gnccracing.com and click on results and you can look at laptimes and etc. My opinion is still needs work, watered out alot, a-arms, broke alot, swingarm broke alot.....lots of work to do still. sounds like a beast running though just not depended for racing yet.

Re: pister

Originally posted by honda215
    go to gnccracing.com and click on results and you can look at laptimes and etc. My opinion is still needs work, watered out alot, a-arms, broke alot, swingarm broke alot.....lots of work to do still. sounds like a beast running though just not depended for racing yet.
    Are you saying it got waterlogged and the a-arms and swingarm are breaking alot????

Pitster, what say you? The quad has been "in testing for a year" there should be some answers or solutions by now.

The new MX season is upon us here in Florida and I dont wanna make a mistake. Whats going on here? I suspect MX would be alot harder on these parts than GNCC, but I may be wrong.

Are these boys hitting trees on the quad in tight trails, I mean it is 45" wide.
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports
    RTR Performance Racing Engines

The Pitster is a good base quad. If you're expecting to take this bike out (STOCK) on a MX track or woods and run the snot out of it without complications.....you're gonna be dissapointed.

Like any other PRODUCTION 4 wheeled machine out there is going to need HD RACER PARTS.
    The KTM 450 seems to be the only quad in stock form that is really holding up to some sort of abuse. But then again they cost 12k. But they still break.

I think the A arms, swing arm and stem need attention.

Again, as a stock, IMPORTED machine it's a worthy bike.
    But it will need some aftermarket parts to hold up and be reliable/compeditive.

I think if you had one and put some TLC into it you'd be pleased.

Just my opinion.

ditto

ditto what he said...i've seen them in action and they have tons of potential but not out of the box!!!

My sons 3yr old DRR has never broken an a-arm, swinger or stem and he is hitting jumps as hard as anyone.
    I also understand that the "HD RACER PARTS" you say need replaced to race this quad are the same parts you make a living off of.
    I see Apex's and DRR's racing out of the box all the time. If you doubt me, come to Central FL. and watch the kids running the stock appearing class. The frames, arms, stems and swingers are all stock and they are clearing doubles every night out.
    This is disappointing.
    I really want one of these, but these reports are scaring me.
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports

The pics of Levi Coens Pitster have red a-arms on it.
    Are these factory but painted red or are they aftermarket?
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports

green machine you must have a magic drr,i have welded on the apex as early as the 1st race day,the 909 at dade city is on his 2nd frame this yr ,1st one had been welded on so many times it had to be replaced.the 133 weighs 45lbs soaking wet he broke 2 stock axles on a thursday nite practice 2 weeks ago,his long trave apex swinger fell completely out of the quad on the 2nd race day.ALL mini quads have issues......
    Proud DAD of Cam Covil #8
    2011-team Mushin/JB racing/FMF. 90 mod atva
    2010- dcmx amateur champ
    2009-dcmx quad youth and quad blaster champ,85 cc 7-11 B 3rd place,Loretta lynns's 2 nd overall 90 mod
    2008-dcmx quad blaster champ,loretta lynns's 1st overall 90 mod
    8 time dcmx class champ,06 atva national champ,1st place orange crush and big buck gncc
    09 gncc river ranch winner.

I dont know what to tell you, the only break on ours is the frame under the seat where they all break. Those are the only gussets we have. He is 85lbs and clears the double at bartow all the time and he even tripled it once. I guess we are just lucky.
    If I have to add arms, stem and swinger to race this quad then I am disappointed.
    Ours is the first run late 2006 air cooled DRX with the short round swinger and the 41" wide a-arms.
    When they went to the longer round swinger they bent but didnt break.
    Iron Horse Werks
    Blommel Motorsports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast