Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HMF vs. FMF pipes

Originally posted by SSJEFF
    Only issue I have with the FMF is the same that I have with all pipes. after 15 hours the packing blows out.

I am considering the CT because there is no packing in them I think.
    15 hours sure doesn't seem like a long time before a pipe blows. Are CT pipes all that much better than HMFs? Where is the most cost effective place to purchase a CT pipe without the jet kit?

Originally posted by SSJEFF
    he is not happy with the 4.1? Was it tuned right because I think it works very well.
    Yeah, I tuned it for him. I think it might have been a little rich. Well since I touched on this at polaris riders I wont talk to much. So here is what we had to do. I redid the intake to make it a whole lot better and add flow. I then rejetted it and now it rocks! I took it out for a quick rip....seat of the pants tells me that it may now be faster than mine.

Only a drag race will tell us how much better it is. I will let you know.

He told me that he is happier with it since I re-did his intake.

Other mods we did. Trail vapor computer, gps computer, flexx handle bars, R&D flex jet, and a new intake, full 4.1 with mega bomb. It should be faster now

Running 170 main at 3500 feet, blue needle 3rd notch from the top and fat o ring. Canadain cold weather.

i have an 08 525s i have the HMF slip on with carb work and i got so much more out of that wheeler than stock but it is very loud

The Polaris FMF muffler is the Power Core 4 one. I called FMF tech to verify this before I bought one.

Not sure about the packing blowing out in 15 hours though as I have about 30 hours on mine and it sounds the same as the day I installed it. You would think it would get louder..?
    Mark
    2008 Outlaw 525 IRS

Originally posted by U1arunit
    The Polaris FMF muffler is the Power Core 4 one. I called FMF tech to verify this before I bought one.

Not sure about the packing blowing out in 15 hours though as I have about 30 hours on mine and it sounds the same as the day I installed it. You would think it would get louder..?
    It depends on how rich you have it. If it is tuned correctly then the exhaust will be hotter and blow it out sooner.

It will also happen gradually so you do not notice it so much. I noticed my SRA was bad when I fired up my new IRS with another newer 4.1. A lot quieter.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    Polaris, Ranger, Victory, Triumph, BMW
    West 16th Street Indpls., IN
    just west of the river by Saab
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing
    *predatorowners.com
    *SCOTT, 661, EVOMX,

Good point Jeff. I had a 165 MJ in it for a while and ended up going to a 162 now. I would not call it overly rich but I get what you're saying.
    Mark
    2008 Outlaw 525 IRS

HMF Pro series on my 09 IRS.. I love it and heard it out performs FMF
    2009 Outlaw IRS
    K&N drop in
    HMF slip on exhaust
    Razr II rear tires
    *MORE TO COME*

just buy a yoshi. o what a coincodence i have one for sale 250$ any one want it? it will fit the the outlaw 450 and 525 s i also have nerfs and a ac bumper
    01 400ex gots some mods *** fan cooled***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12