Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trx 9

trx 9

just put my new trx 9 pipe on. sounds really good. and has an awesome power curve to it. My head pipe turned blue and purple, is this normal on a new pipe?
    "Bravery is the capasity to perform properly even when scared to death."

General; Omar Bradley

265cc long rod w. 87 style piston. 39 airstriker pyramid reeds trx 9 pipe, on race gas, stock frame, pro pegs, +2+1 a arms, +2 +1 stem, 88-89 length swing arm, + axle, works front shocks, re-worked back shock.

96 banshee, toomy pipes, 28 pwk's, +4 timeing, boyseen dual stage reeds, +4 durablu axle, 2009 yfz front end.

My TRX-9 did the same thing. No worries, its perfectly normal. If you get some "Turtle Wax" brand chrome/aluminum polish, it'll come right off. Once you ride a while and keep it polished, it doesn't turn blue as bad.

How do you like the mid-range and top on that thing? It pulls really great don't it?
    1989 TRX250R
    Arens frame, & steering stem/+4 Chrome swing arm
    Laeger's +2 +1 a-arms/Ohlins shocks front & rear
    Full Bore fenders
    ESR 310, 38 airstryker, ESR elim. kit
    Hank Deharts old 250R!

1993 Yamaha Banshee
    setup for drag racing
    motor coming soon!!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...tuff6001-1.jpg

Re: trx 9

Originally posted by LONG-ROD
    just put my new trx 9 pipe on. sounds really good. and has an awesome power curve to it. My head pipe turned blue and purple, is this normal on a new pipe?
    I'd call ESR, I had a five do that and they said it was a bad batch from there chromers. None of my other pipes has done this to me and I've had a lot of different pipes over the years.
    2003 LSR 344PV +3 stroker, CPI Big Bore, 39PWK, Elkas, axis

2006 Rhino

Really, I will check into it. and ya the mid rang hit is awesome and revs out way more then my Bill's pipe ever thought of.

General; Omar Bradley

265cc long rod w. 87 style piston. 39 airstriker pyramid reeds trx 9 pipe, on race gas, stock frame, pro pegs, +2+1 a arms, +2 +1 stem, 88-89 length swing arm, + axle, works front shocks, re-worked back shock.

96 banshee, toomy pipes, 28 pwk's, +4 timeing, boyseen dual stage reeds, +4 durablu axle, 2009 yfz front end.

It is not a bad batch unless esr is not selling pipes. My trx5r that is over 2 years old did that. Surly if you just got yours it is not the same batch. My previous trx5's(satin chrome) never did this. When esr revised/reworked the pipes they started using a new chromer. The new chrome is what I call mexi-chrome. Basically you get show chrome unlike their previous pipes for the same price. Corners have to be cut to pass savings on to the consumer. They are good pipes just bad chrome. The only solution I have found it to rebuff the pipe.

I first had a trx 9 pipe and it did not turn blue. I sold it after a few years and got a trx 11 and still it did not turn blue.

I think you have a bad plated pipe! Call ESR.
    89TRX310ESR,9porting,11pipe,38Mikuni,Ported Radvalve,CR ignition, lightened CR flywheel, lightened counterbalancer,Dunlophttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/000_0769.jpg

I'll be honest, I think ESR's pipes are more nickel plated than chrome. No, they are not "show" chrome maybe like some other pipes......but to me they make up for it in performance.
    1989 TRX250R
    Arens frame, & steering stem/+4 Chrome swing arm
    Laeger's +2 +1 a-arms/Ohlins shocks front & rear
    Full Bore fenders
    ESR 310, 38 airstryker, ESR elim. kit
    Hank Deharts old 250R!

1993 Yamaha Banshee
    setup for drag racing
    motor coming soon!!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...tuff6001-1.jpg

Well I called ESR. They said they have never heard of this before. If it starts to flake I will return it with my receipt. If not I am fine with it.

General; Omar Bradley

I bought a lightly used center mount TRX5 that was purple and blue also and I mean the whole dang pipe and head pipe were like that... I used a product called Blue Job it comes in a little can about the size of a chew can and it worked great the pipe came out looking new. As for ESR never hearing about that well I don't think I buy that. It seems to me that they have a great product but how to say it nicely, lack luster customer service.
    Kari Hutchens #111
    Kymco Mongoose Modified to 70cc
    Yamaha YZ85 07
    Larry Hutchens #007
    310 87 TRX 250R
    265 85 ATC 250R second owner

Ya I hear ya on the customer service. I don't really mind it, it looks kinda sweet.lol I will have to try the blue job on it..

General; Omar Bradley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast