Thread: Lock nut wont come off!

Lock nut wont come off!

Ok I need to replace my bearings on my 05 450r. Ive never delt with a stock lock nut before so Iam a little confused. I got the clip out of its groove and now the lock nut should just slide over onto the axle exposing the c-clip right? any help would be great guys

Thanks
    Tyler
    race quad-05 450r: Fox, Burgard,RPM, Tag, yosh, rath, Quadtech, ASV, Maxxis,ITP, DWT, spastic, Leager

practice quad-07 450r: Fox, Burgard, RPM, Tag, yosh, Rath, Quadtech, Asv, Itp, Dwt

Some axles need the burrs from the lock ring filed flat on the axle so it will slide off!
    Brent Sturdivant

ok I have an rpm dominater 2 axle so do you think ill need to file it down?
    race quad-05 450r: Fox, Burgard,RPM, Tag, yosh, rath, Quadtech, ASV, Maxxis,ITP, DWT, spastic, Leager

practice quad-07 450r: Fox, Burgard, RPM, Tag, yosh, Rath, Quadtech, Asv, Itp, Dwt

file

yes just hit it with a file it wil slide of easy

so you think I just need to file down the little rim on the axle and then it will slide right off?

Yup, I've had to do the same thing with my RPM DomII.
    Don't have to take much off, just the very edge where it flairs up a tad.
    05 450r
    Motowoz LT F&R / SMC +3 / Elka Pro Dual Link / RPM / Flexx / Rath / Douglas
    DRG Head / Ferrea +1x4 / CP 12:1 / 05 HRC Cam / HR +3 Balanced&Welded / DRG 43.5 FCR / DASA Classic

ok thanks for the help guys. how much did you take it down? and did you use a grinder?

Nah just a hand file, I hardly had to take anything off, just keep going around with the file and testing it til it slides off.
    05 450r
    Motowoz LT F&R / SMC +3 / Elka Pro Dual Link / RPM / Flexx / Rath / Douglas
    DRG Head / Ferrea +1x4 / CP 12:1 / 05 HRC Cam / HR +3 Balanced&Welded / DRG 43.5 FCR / DASA Classic

ok thanks again man