Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 500cc big bore stroker for 400ex

500cc big bore stroker for 400ex

i was just reading the oil cooler thread and i came across the website fourstroketech.com where they have more expencive oil coolers but when i was looking around on the website they sell a 500cc big bore stroker kit for the 400ex. What do you guys think to big, to thin of walls, overheating, has anyone ever tried it????never saw that big of a stroker for a 400ex

I have been running one hard since 99 I love it .Mine is very modded with 54 RWHP Just dont be in a hurry with him.

i say go for it i didnt actually see it until after i purchased my 460 kit price wise only about 100 to 200 difference
    460ex stroker ,triple rate shocks w/reserves,cfm alum. airbox,denton racing steering stablelizer,big gun over rev rev box, uni filter,stage 3 hotcam,renthal handlebars,msr clutch,full skid plate, pro peg nerf bars,trail tech vapor,fst secondary oil cooler,+1mm kibble white black diamond valves,port and polish,custom seat,maxis razr2 lonestar racing bearing carrier,gt thunder hd studs,barnett clutches and etc 16/38 gearing.sparks 39mm fcr carb.sparks x-6 bigcore exhaust.next mod will be clutches and tires alottttttttttttttttttt of money spent ok new clutches are installed sparks 8-plate system.next tires or more suspension mods
    this ex is getting real expensive
    real quick.but its real fastttttttt
    new sidewinder smart chain 2 and t2 16tooth front sprocket.can u say lifetime warranty on the sprocket.$$$

you spelled expensive wrong brad. and 54hp to the rear wheels? what all do you have done to it?
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

Originally posted by cheater13
    you spelled exspensive wrong brad. and 54hp to the rear wheels? what all do you have done to it?
    you spelled EXPENSIVE wrong too

Originally posted by cheater13
    you spelled exspensive wrong brad. and 54hp to the rear wheels? what all do you have done to it?
    90.5 bre 8 mil stroke 12.5 comp porting by Fast By Gast
    Drg tapered bore carb\ sparks x 4 cam for starters cam 2 pump gas 110 oct and 93 oct mix 50%x50%

Originally posted by TURBO-530R
    90.5 bre 8 mil stroke 12.5 comp porting by Fast By Gast
    Drg tapered bore carb\ sparks x 4 cam for starters cam 2 pump gas 110 oct and 93 oct mix 50%x50%
    Hey man, hope you don't mind up I'm pretty curious about your build...

What do you have done for cooling aid?

Also, how is it compared to a stock (or maybe modded?) 400ex? (Stupid question, but I'm still askin' )
    1999 Trx440ex: SOLD
    2005 Trx450R: HRC, FMF, G-Force, Cobra, Burgard

Food for thought:

*Jet kits are not upgrades
    * DG accessories are nothing to brag about
    *Top speed is worthless

they say customers crank for a core ??
    http://www.fourstroketech.net/trx400exproducts.htm
    sounds like they do an offset grind on your stock crank

and holy hell their 465 big bore is CHEAP !
    00' 440EX * stg 2 cam * White Bro's rev box * T-4 Slip on * Hole Shots * DG Nerfs

Project NIGHTMARE

My quad's so black it could run for president !

I think i might give this 465 big bore kit a try.. i gotta get my old jug bored out and HD studs put it in anyway.. i dont think this heli coil in the current jug is going to last..
    00' 440EX * stg 2 cam * White Bro's rev box * T-4 Slip on * Hole Shots * DG Nerfs

Project NIGHTMARE

My quad's so black it could run for president !

ok did you name it project nightmare cause it was a nightmare or just cause it sounds cool? and holy crap turbo ur bike must haul ***
    2008 Honda 400ex
    K&N lid removed
    HMF full system
    DG nerfs
    ITP holeshot SR on Douglas .190 in rear
    15/36 gearing
    JE 11:1 87mm (416)
    Stg 2 Hotcam
    mild P&P
    big gun rev box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast