Thread: having a problem with my 250r

having a problem with my 250r

i just baught a 86 lt250r and i was ridding and then it just died and i thought i fauled a plug but i the i took the cover off the timing and the noticed the wole pin or whatever it is soo i put new one in and the ridding around the yard and then it died the took the cover off and thir it was snaped and the i i put it back on with a pice of it to line it up the socket the nut on and then welded it stright to the bolt and that worked then ridding around the yard for 10 mins and then it died agian and sure enough the welds were snaped and now i dont know what to do bc it just keeps snaped everthing i need some help.......

something isnt right if it keeps doing that. Is the crank worn or fly wheel worn? did u put a hardned key in it or just a regular one if u cant figure it out id take it to a shop and have them look at it
    2005 TRX 450R Just bought it. FMF pipe ICE tires and nerfs looking for some A Arms.

1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins 12 Valve 6" Stack with pump turned up #0 fuel plate and a billet trans. 560 hp 870 ftlbs or torque

ya i just put areaguler one in didnt know that make harden or do u heat treat it ur self?

im surprised you both speak the same language...frankly, i didnt understand any part of your question

Originally posted by rocky_mtn_honda
    im surprised you both speak the same language...frankly, i didnt understand any part of your question
    Exactly what I was thinking when I first saw his question the other night. I thought I had an idea of what he was saying, but my headache from reading overcame my ability to type!

I think the "timing cover" is the magneto he is talking about. And thinking he meant the key snapped in the key way... But it was a wild guess. He then welded the key onto the crankshaft to hold the mag in place, but the weld broke? But I am probably way off... Actually, I hope I am...

thanks for the translation....appreciate it, hopefully you are wrong
    that would suck

I have dealt with some pretty crazy questions at our local shop. But anyways yes they make hardened ones that a specially made for the motor. Go to your local suzuki dealer or look online and u can find a hardened key. They shouldnt break like that tho. Did you torque the nut down to the right ft lbs. cause if it comes loose it will break the key really easy. Check that
    2005 TRX 450R Just bought it. FMF pipe ICE tires and nerfs looking for some A Arms.

1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins 12 Valve 6" Stack with pump turned up #0 fuel plate and a billet trans. 560 hp 870 ftlbs or torque