Thread: Shifting Forks RM250 vs LT250R

Shifting Forks RM250 vs LT250R

I am looking for shifting forks and I had noticed the RM250 had similar drivetrain. Can anybody tell me if i would be able to save money and use forks from another model? Thanks!
    Special thanks to all my sponsors for this year's racing!

What year is your quad? I have everything you need if its an 85 or 86
    -04 DVX 400, +2 FULL FLIGHT FRONT A-ARM, LTR450 front shocks, +1+3 G-force rear axle, +1.25 ATV Four Play rear swingarm, FMF T4 exhaust, K&N powerlid, Twin Air filter setup, K&N powerlid, 400ex air boot w/ custom airbox inlet, YFZ FCR39, HotCams stage 1, DRZe Kit, RevMax CDI, Pro Armour Tether, Pro Armour Nerf Bars, Maier Roost/Handguards, Armadillo swinger skid, Rear E-brake block off plate, Mod Quad Case Saver, Razr rear tires

-HYBRID 350X IN A 250X FRAME, trx250r rear swingarm and suspension, Lonestar 2+2 rear axle and 6 gears of fun. thinking about selling

-86 LT250r All stock, My piston shattered
    parting out if you need anything

-2001 Foreman 450ES

Unfortunatly 1990

Originally posted by axellmusic19
    Unfortunatly 1990
    Let me dig into my box of spare tranny parts. I only used I think it was 4th driven gear out of a complete tranny I got off ebay a few years back.

Wow! that would be awesome, cause the dealership that will be working on it this weekend and hopefully will be finished before next weekend will want to charge a lot of money for spare OEM hardware too.

So i got it back and apparently it was the bolts at the end of the shaft knocking each other hence not letting it catch the next gear. However the bad news is that i still got a quote for the clutch which needs replacement sometime in the near future. They estimate for the plates and baskets etc an entire clutch will cost around $360 Does anybody have these parts of sources for cheaper? Thanks

I checked and the clutch basket is the same as the 86. I have one. Feel free to call you dealer and have them cross reference the basket but Im pretty sure.
    -04 DVX 400, +2 FULL FLIGHT FRONT A-ARM, LTR450 front shocks, +1+3 G-force rear axle, +1.25 ATV Four Play rear swingarm, FMF T4 exhaust, K&N powerlid, Twin Air filter setup, K&N powerlid, 400ex air boot w/ custom airbox inlet, YFZ FCR39, HotCams stage 1, DRZe Kit, RevMax CDI, Pro Armour Tether, Pro Armour Nerf Bars, Maier Roost/Handguards, Armadillo swinger skid, Rear E-brake block off plate, Mod Quad Case Saver, Razr rear tires

-HYBRID 350X IN A 250X FRAME, trx250r rear swingarm and suspension, Lonestar 2+2 rear axle and 6 gears of fun. thinking about selling

-86 LT250r All stock, My piston shattered
    parting out if you need anything

-2001 Foreman 450ES