Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant wife & riding

Pregnant wife & riding

Looking for advice, I want to go on one last sand dune trip in a few weeks. My wife is 16 weeks pregnant. She would like to go, but I am un-sure if she should. She has never crashed and does not ride aggressive at all. We have a MD apt the day before we would leave so we will also talk to the doctor about it.

What do you guys think, would you let your pregnant wife ride?

NO
    2005 400ex, DMC duel exhaust,
    filter

I would ask your doctor.

Then it would depend on what terrain you will be riding and what machine would she be riding.

Unless its something smooth, I would wait.

Actually I probably wouldnt do it in the first place. Just to be sure. You wouldnt want to even imagine what could happen, so dont take the risk.
    2004 Honda 400ex, 11:1 406, everything else is stock, maxis razrs

nope, i wouldnt want to risk the health of the mother of my child or my child.
    Chris
    2007 406ex, Elka/HDusa/Moose/LSR

Thanks for the advice, I think the doctor will know best, however
    She drives her car everyday, witch by the numbers is more dangerous (in one year more people get injured or die in auto accidents then all of power sports)
    Something to think about

hell NO she will be sitting at camp or home
    01 416ex, Hotcams Stage 2, Spal Fan, Jardine Slipon, CRF 450 Timing Chain, 450 Carb, Uni Air Filter and cfm air box, cfm oil tank, Fly Handlebars with Odi Grips, Magura Clutch, Nerfbars, 14/38 Gearing

Originally posted by Team X
    Thanks for the advice, I think the doctor will know best, however
    She drives her car everyday, witch by the numbers is more dangerous (in one year more people get injured or die in auto accidents then all of power sports)
    Something to think about
    Not a viable argument.

Of course more people die everyday in a car accident then on an atv. Because 1 million times more people are in a car at a given moment then on a atv.

Look at the percentages, that shows a comparison.

She is a lot more at risk to be injured in an atv accident then a car accident.
    2004 Honda 400ex, 11:1 406, everything else is stock, maxis razrs

percentages and statistics doesnt matter.
    its whether you are willing to take the risk of harming your wife and unborn child. if you are willing to take that risk, go for it. if not, let her invite some girlfriends and let them sit at camp and talk.
    remember, just because she has never crashed before, doesnt mean she cant ever crash.
    Chris
    2007 406ex, Elka/HDusa/Moose/LSR

Don't let her ride. My wife was pregnant not that long ago, and although it was tough for her not to ride, we have a beautiful healthy baby boy to show for it. It's sooooooo not worth a dunes trip to risk the chance of a crash. Even if she is a good rider, rarely do people end up in single vehicle crashes....it's always some other drunk jack *ss that hits you.
    CRASH COUNTER -- 7

'05 400ex
    Yoshimura __ Houser Long Travel +1 __ Elka Elite Quad Rate __ IMS Roll __ Pro Taper SE __ SLC Quad Customs +2 Swinger __ 450R carb __ Maiers __ GenX Atv __ K&N __ Outerwear __ UM __ Renthal __ Skat Trak Haulers __ T-9 Bajas w/ Razrs __ Blingstar John Natalie Victory __ Pro Armor __ Big Gun Rev box __

NO WAY, you never know what could happen, build yourself a man cave you'll be home for awhile....congrats by the way
    Travis
    1999 Honda 400ex
    LRD Pro 4 full exhaust, 450r shocks, PEP stabilizer, ASV C-5 clutch lever K&N Power lid & filter w/outerwear, Sparks key, Renthal bars, Acerbis handgaurds, DG nerfs n bumper, Rock p brake block-off, Tinner scoops, Dynojet kit...

2000 400ex, all stock

Thanks to HERO SIGNS for the PBR
    graphics

"if carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f*cked up"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast