Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We got our Pitster!

We got our Pitster!

We received our Pitster 125cc yesterday.
    For some of you who may not have read on the other post, I'll explain what we're doing.
    Pitster agreed to send us a 125cc for us to develop some parts and to give them some feedback on their machine. This will be a "Project Bike" for the winter season. With any luck it'll be ready for the first 2010 National.

My first observation, from a chasis perspective, was how much bigger the unit is for a larger/taller youth rider....rather than the Apex or DRR. It gives them so much more room to move around the bike.
    Also, it has some charecteristics of some of the bigger Japaneese bikes. They really put some thought into developing this machine.

However, the chasis will definately require some gussetting and the foot pegs will need to be strengthened.
    Another observation was there wasn't any heel guards. Then once I tried to start it I realized why. There isn't enough room for a larger sized boot to start it. I couldn't get my foot in there to rotate the kick starter to get a "full kick".
    I've attached a picture for a reference. If the kick start would rotate forward....like the TRX450R for example. That would surely help. But perhaps a nerfbar company will figure this out.

I really haven't had but a few minutes to look the machine over. But overall....with some "mods". It will be a contender next year.

I will keep this updated as time and progress permits. Hopefully, the moderator doesn't interpret this as advertising and deletes it.

If there are any companies who would like to assist us on this build. Please contact me.

Thanks,
    Tom Skladzien
    tom@atvfourplay.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Should be an interesting project to follow in general.
    Wiik Hansen Racing
    2011 Apex 250 F
    2013 Yamaha Raptor 250R
    2008 Apex MXR Polini BB Evo
    2007 Honda TRX 450R My Ride

Thanks ATV 4 PLAY, glad the quad arrived safe and sound, let me know if you guys need anything!!
    Home of Pitster Pro Pitbikes and Mini ATVs
    Full size or minis we have Parts and accessories for all!
    Check out the new Classic Pitster Pro and Street minis, we got the niche for your itch!

www.pitsterpro.com
    contact@pitsterpro.com
    Dealers Welcome

Efusjon Energy Team please check here...
    https://www.efusjon.com/pitsterpro
    http://www.facebook.com/pitster1

How dose this thing run copare to the cvt and honda 90

Originally posted by boomer43
    How dose this thing run copare to the cvt and honda 90
    We only rode it for a few minutes around the shop. It seemed strong. But it sounded like either the jets were plugged/dirty or the jetting was way off. It "popped" alot so I quit.As mentioned earlier I only had a minute to mess with it. But I'm confident that with the right intake/exhaust etc..... this thing should rip. I've rode a stock TRX90 and compared to this....no comparison. Pitster would surely win. Plus it's a dual A arm,hyd. brakes etc...

Being somewhat close to HMF Engineering in Cleveland, OH and Hans and I seem to have a good relationship. I'm gonna hit them up and see if they're interested in developing a pipe for them.

Originally posted by nordic quad
    Should be an interesting project to follow in general.

Ditto, very interested to see what ATV 4 Play comes up with.
    Sold the quads so not as ....
    Broke parents of Jordan Gibson #8

Learners permit on a YZ125
    2012 Youth Champion Dade City Mx
    Lonestar 250r with crf250r engine

Quick update.
    I spoke with Hans from HMF yesterday and they're in.

I have to drop the bike off for a few days for them to do their magic. I'm personally very excited to have HMF get on board with these bikes. They have made some great exhausts for the 4 strokes.

Originally posted by T@AFP
    Quick update.
    I spoke with Hans from HMF yesterday and they're in.

I have to drop the bike off for a few days for them to do their magic. I'm personally very excited to have HMF get on board with these bikes. They have made some great exhausts for the 4 strokes.
    Thats is great news, ATV 4 Play and HMF will be great names to have behind the FXR, looking forward to see what you both come up with!!
    Home of Pitster Pro Pitbikes and Mini ATVs
    Full size or minis we have Parts and accessories for all!
    Check out the new Classic Pitster Pro and Street minis, we got the niche for your itch!

www.pitsterpro.com
    contact@pitsterpro.com
    Dealers Welcome

Efusjon Energy Team please check here...
    https://www.efusjon.com/pitsterpro
    http://www.facebook.com/pitster1

We only rode it for a few minutes around the shop. It seemed strong. But it sounded like either the jets were plugged/dirty or the jetting was way off. It "popped" alot so I quit.As mentioned earlier I only had a minute to mess with it. But I'm confident that with the right intake/exhaust etc..... this thing should rip. I've rode a stock TRX90 and compared to this....no comparison. Pitster would surely win. Plus it's a dual A arm,hyd. brakes etc...

Why wouldnt the jetting be more close to being right on these quads from the factory? I noticed on pitsters website forum that you shoold check the jetting. It would seem if they are mass producing these that the jetting would be pretty close.

The jetting with all bikes depends on the where you are. But even moreso with these lil motors as they are real finnicky to the slightest change from my experiences with them. What is right where they were built may be completely off 4hrs away depending on elevation change and such. Another thing to remember is that the increments in jet sizes are not in 2's like the big bikes. They're in 10's from the carbs that I've dealt with on these motors (Ex. 155/165/175)

As for the exhaust... doesn't it come with the Pitster exhaust already?

BTW, Tom... I have ATV4Play MGC arms on my YFZ and completely love them. Awsome setup and and awsome quality.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works