Thread: poping lose of power then fouls plug?

poping lose of power then fouls plug?

hey everyone my 91 seems to have a problem, when ideling it runs fine even if you hit the gas but twice now when i take off it takes off good then goes right to loosing power then pops a few times, if i pull clutch in and hit the gas it sounds fine but let clutch out no power pops then dies. i pull the plug and it dont look bad but its maybe oil fould out no spark, put new plug in and it runs great again for a few days. then back to fouling plug. it was running 20:1 mix but i changed to 32:1 befor it fouled second plug, i did check air cleaner it preaty dirty so i ordered a k&n not on yet, do you think that might be the problem or should i be looking for something else. thanks

damn 20:1 oil ratio will foul plugs but motor will run forever lol. i run all my motors a 40:1 with no problems. Be sure to keep your air filter clean and make sure that your air screw is adjusted properly. What all mods does the motor have?
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

its stock bore with pro lite piston and cool head not sure what dome size yet, it has a dyno port pipe and silince, i wasnt sure what mix to run without being to lean the old owner ran 20:1, the quadracer hq forums said 32:1, my brother runs his 50:1 with no problems. other then the new k&n am putting on this week its stock for now of corse

check out ur main jet size

take your bowls off shoot some brake clean through your jets i bet there is trash in your main. that is free and sounds likely to be the problem. especially if it started during the middle of a ride if it ran fine before and there was no elevation changes

whoops sorry thought this was a banshee forum clicked the wrong on im out of my league here i would still blow though your main and pilot you said your filter was bad