Thread: 02 rancher reverse problems

02 rancher reverse problems

have an 02 rancher all time 4x4 with electric shift. the reverse quit working on the electric shift but the manual reverse lever still works. has been through some water recently...might be part of it but not sure. any ideas???

Has you been through high water? When you take electric shift machines through high water they tend to not work until the quad dries off. My guess is you probably went though some high water for a long period of time? That might have done it.
    2008 Can Am DS450
    PRM Baja Bumper and Skid

2007 Honda Rincon 680
    Fuel Injected
    ITP Mudlites
    Hopefully some more goodies soon

1986 Honda ATC 250SX
    Knobby tires all-round
    otherwise.................... STOCK

its been dry for a week or so and still not working?!?! the water was just below the exhaust so nothing to crazy.

all it was was some of the connections needed cleaning
    2002 Honda 400ex

-white bros e-series exhaust
    -big gun rev box
    -dg nerf bars
    -itp holeshot tires
    -itp rims
    -k&n air filter kit+outerwear cover
    -jet kit
    -um air scoops
    -hoosier racing bumper
    -all balls bearings
    -pro design tether switch

home town, Poland NY College, Blairsville PA
    Wich connections did you need to clean. I have a quad that is having the same exact problem. all 5 forward gears work great, just no reverse. It kinda has me a lil stumped because with all the electronics there's still just a manual cable for reverse, and no electric sensors that I could see.
    Andy

WyoTech....

AIM; District3250rMX
    Yahoo; Gone_Snowboarding06

every one you can find. the ones that are important are the ones consented to the main computer board. look at the schematic in the manual at it will show you where the connections are at.
    2002 Honda 400ex

-white bros e-series exhaust
    -big gun rev box
    -dg nerf bars
    -itp holeshot tires
    -itp rims
    -k&n air filter kit+outerwear cover
    -jet kit
    -um air scoops
    -hoosier racing bumper
    -all balls bearings
    -pro design tether switch

angle sensor

Your angle sensor can also do this. Does it shift at all?
    06 yfz cam mod, carb mod, kicker setup, jd performance +3 arms, fox lt float evols, +4 lsr axle, protaper bars, hep battery box, oversize aluminum oil tank, laker plastics

05 450R itp ss rims, stage two hot cam, jetted, Yosh pipe, gtt link

05 450R, big bore, Duncan cam, full rossier pipe, +2 Houser arms,+2 houser antivibe stem, Pro taper bars, +2 G force axle

06 Rancher Stock

07 420 Rancher

07 Rubicon jetted, KN air filter,baffle removed,homemade front and rear bumpers. ITP rims and tires

If your machine is shifting regularly but not going in reverse it couldn't be the angle sensor. I've seen this problem many times on the ranchers. On the back of the motor at the bottom I think under the pull rope cover there is one little electrical wire with a boot on it that plugs in if you get under the machine and look you should see where it goes slide it on and take some pliers to mash it and tighten it they come off often and cause the machine not to go in reverse. Let me know how it goes

On the back and bottom of the engine there is a swith that the reverse button activates. There is a wire that plugs in they sometimes come off or get a bad connection. This happened to mine and I spent hours figuring it out.