Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2009 ATVA Extreme Dirt Track ATV Racing - RD#6 - I-81 Speedway - ATV Race Coverage

I appreciate the kind words....and we do all we can to help keep the info flowing!!

Not sure about the banquet , I dont even know when or where it is Usually after next weekend I start chaing deer and ducks with the gun and camera and my travel is final for the year
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Here is some suggestions I have and from other racers from the past. Has there ever been thought of a stock motor class? As last race I saw there was Pro level motor running in c class and laptime there was really no difference from a to c class. Hard for someone with basicly a stock motor to be competitive. The series backbone is the amaeturs and the Pro's are the ones whom bring the fans to watch. I actually saw one race where a B class rider was just as fast as some Pro-am open class riders. ...
    2nd: One of my boys biggest complaints is time of the race. Once you start you are done. You get 4-6 laps. 2 to 3 minute race. Make it 10-15 laps for amatuers or even more. Bang for your buck. To travel 8 to 10 hours most of the time for a 3 minute race has deterred allot of past racers from traveling. MX you get 2 motos which last about 15 minutes each and XC you get an hour race. Just a thought
    3rd: Make the heat race count towards weekend points. Use it as a qualifier if needed and also counting it towards the final results. Kind of like MX. If you had a good heat race then had someone spin you out or get caught up in someone elses mess no matter how well your weekend started it will end on a bad note.
    4th Use to have 20-30 in each class and have to qualify just to make the main race now lucky to have 10 in an amateur class on a weekend. Maybe less classes and more race time.
    5th. TT racing has to get factory involvement. One of the discouraging factors is that most amatuers see most of the Pro's are privateers to say. Maybe one or 2 have factory support but that mainly is because they race other styles of racing. This might be a hard one but probably the most important. Someone has to see a future somehow.
    5th. There is allot of great people involved in this sport whom truelly are dedicated to making this style become successful and to be around for years to come. They should be thanked. Maybe take somethings out of what Astabula did this year with XC or side by side because that was an exciting weekend for my son. There is allot of great fast riders and some great people involved. There is no other style of racing like it. It takes a special rider to be successful in this sport. Congradulations to all the National winners.

#1 Ashtabula - atmosphere is great -the whole place is really cool - the XC race and SxS race was completely AWESOME this year.... however
    -the track is one of the worst for a racer, you cant pass without bumping someone. its not meant for racing. its built for follow the leader, big problem....the only good TT tracks for racers are those with even option lanes. PERIOD.

#2 If a TT quad doesn't have near as much worry for suspension set-up as MX or XC then I've been missing out for my whole time being involved with all three. they are all equal in that aspect if you ask me.

#3 totally agree with the numbers being terrible, when I raced the youth production in 2006 and won the championship there were 25-40 racers at every race, maybe we should figure out why people quit coming by asking them, not assuming or making theories.

If you ever wanted to try Oval or TT racing here is your chance. Are local is track is hosting a night time race.

Niagara Falls is only 30 minutes away so if you or your kids have never been to the Falls here is or chance. I am going to take people to the Falls on Sat. am.

BIG ATV RACE IN WESTERN NY

¼ mile Clay Oval & TT track

Friday night = Oval racing
    Saturday night = TT racing

· 50cc to 450cc
    · Money Classes
    · Open Classes
    · Run what you Brung
    · Outlaw Classes
    · Pro Classes

ALL MACHINES MUST HAVE A TEHTER

Ø General admission $12.00 (kids 5 and under free)
    Ø $20.00 race fee (Except Money classes & Pro Classes)
    Ø Friday night- Gates open @ 5pm / Practice @ 7pm
    Ø Saturday night- Practice @ 6pm (Camp over Friday night for Saturday)
    Ø Saturday will be filled with wheelie contests, 4x4 quad races, UTV races, Kids can enjoy bicycle racing, pumpkin carving, apple dunking, and more! Saturday morning there will be a guided tour to Niagara Falls (30 minutes away)

FOOD VENDOR WILL BE ON SITE THE ENTIRE WEEKEND

Batavia Motor Speedway
    3500 Harloff Rd.
    Batavia, NY 14020
    585-737-5698
    DRX 70cc MX Production Quad
    Polaris 70cc TT Production Quad

Proud father of Zack Reimer 2010 90cc Production Open EDT Champion

Thanks for the help

reimerminiatvracing
    Max RPM
    Hagerty Racing
    DS Modz

20 MIN FROM BUFFALO NY JUST OFF NY STATE THRUWAY CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR DIRECTIONS

BATAVIA MOTOR SPEEDWAY

DIRECTIONS

HUH

Originally posted by bwhobs
    Who cares what XC and MX do ? They obviously aren't having the problems that the TT series does, so they can continue to operate like they do. You can afford to pay those fees, but everyone can't. Most of the time there are more TT quads setting at the house on national weekends than at the track. There is a reason for that.
    What you said here has pretty much 0 logic. nationals yes, there are plenty of riders in attendance. BUT, you go to a local track and count how many bikes AND quads you see... The numbers are going way down compared to previous years. There for $ is a large reason that most don't race as much. Every penny spent each race day, NOW must go on rent, food, gas (vehicle), utilities, etc... Since the economy is in such a slump, what can you do?

At my first TT race this year, there was around 50 quads TOTAL. The second one I went to only had around 60-70 at most. IF THAT... Even though the pro purse was good, and each of the class's got $ back (yes even kids) there was still not alot there compared to previous years. This is mostly due to conflicting scheduals with other local tracks having races the same day. most try to have more races to even out the income for the year...

Every XC race I have been to has also lost numbers by at least 15-20%. NO, I do NOT agree...

I was only referring to nationals

I was only referring to nationals

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567