Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2009 ATVA Extreme Dirt Track ATV Racing - RD#6 - I-81 Speedway - ATV Race Coverage

Great pics and write up pappy, wish you'd have gotten there earlier for sure but it is what it is.

I agree they could for sure lessen the fees, some of the tracks really push it like Pine Lake charging full price for a 2 year old to get in ($35 or $40)!!! I also think the Racers should get a discounted entry fee or be free, for my 7 year old to race a couple classes its insane!!

Gate - $25-$40 depending on the track.

Classes - $40 each x 2 $80

Practice - $20 each x 2 $40

Transponder - $20

That is as much as $180 just to hit the track for him, you still have 5 more of us to get in the gate lol.

Ahhh well, there are a lot of things that are great about the EDT and a lot that need changed, same with most all series I suppose?
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

$20 to practice??? Now that's rediculous! It seems like the EDT needs a little competition to lower their prices. Are there any other national TT series?

Originally posted by #8trx450r

I agree they could for sure lessen the fees, some of the tracks really push it like Pine Lake charging full price for a 2 year old to get in ($35 or $40)!!!

That is as much as $180 just to hit the track for him, you still have 5 more of us to get in the gate lol.
    Yikes!! I would have had to ***** about charging for a two year old.

And them prices are as bad as hitting abaseball game
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by Scro
    $20 to practice??? Now that's rediculous! It seems like the EDT needs a little competition to lower their prices. Are there any other national TT series?
    Yeah it's ridiculous for sure, you'd think your Race Fees would cover practice!! I am not aware of any other National TT Series, wish I were though, Anyone know of one?

At this point with The High Cost, The Low Attendance and The Lack of Recognition the Series gets we are considering selling all our stuff, the boy is showing some interest in Racing Bicycles and that HAS to be cheaper right lol.
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

It does costs too much and if they can't figure out a way to make it more affordable then attendance will just get lower every year!

$20 bucks for practice friday afternoon is optional, just like a mx national and its $40 per class just like a mx and xc nationals, and next year there most likey are not going to be transponders but again just like the mx nationals. if your serious about racing it dont matter, i pay $235-$250 to race pro and pro/am but when you do awsoeme dont matter how much it coast

Originally posted by thekid100
    $20 bucks for practice friday afternoon is optional, just like a mx national and its $40 per class just like a mx and xc nationals, and next year there most likey are not going to be transponders but again just like the mx nationals. if your serious about racing it dont matter, i pay $235-$250 to race pro and pro/am but when you do awsoeme dont matter how much it coast
    Who cares what XC and MX do ? They obviously aren't having the problems that the TT series does, so they can continue to operate like they do. You can afford to pay those fees, but everyone can't. Most of the time there are more TT quads setting at the house on national weekends than at the track. There is a reason for that.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WRITE UP AND PICS, I'M ALSO GLAD TO SEE YOU AND ATVRIDERS SUPPORTING THIS SERIES. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THE PRICES ARE HIGH. HOPEFULLY WITH THEM ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS THIS YEAR THEY WILL BE ABLE TO MEET SOME OF THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE ARE TELLING THEM AND GROW THE SERIES FOR NEXT YEAR AND GET SOME OF THESE TT BIKES THAT ARE IN GARAGES OUT AND RACING.

THANKS PAPPY !!!!!!!!
    ZAC'S DAD (DAVID)
    zacwillett.com

Originally posted by ZWILLETT47
    THANKS PAPPY !!!!!!!!
    2Xs that as well.

Pappy,
    I realy want to thank you for all your support this season.
    Not an easy job showing up at the races, taking pics the whole time & then writing up a FULL report as you do.
    Your report on our type of races have realy made my day many times over.
    Hope you can make it to the banquet, & again, thanks for a job well done.
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast