Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: tether kill switch install

Thats where I found it, I remembered seeing it earlier today when I was reading about jetting.

Originally posted by clemsonteg
    I fell off the back of mine today and the quad kept going so I thought today that something like this would be a good idea and low and behold here it is. Just need to put one on order.
    Yea this things perfect for wheelies cause ever once in a while when I stand it up I fall off and it rolls a couple feet and dies. I cant stay on when it stands up for nothing haha.
    Ryan
    2008 YFZ450 Gray/Red
    Pro Armor bumper
    Dr.D slip-on exhaust
    Twin Air Filter
    Blingstar sprocket and rotor guard
    ITP Quadcross XC rear tires on Tech 3 Hipers
    Black Outs!

2007 TRX400ex Sold http://nwmx.weebly.com/index.html
    HondaRidinRyan (youtube), commander1ryan (xbox live)

this worked great!!!! i love my new kill switch!!
    2001 400ex ( SOLD )
    -ac nerf bars, j.e piston, dunlop quadmax tires, fmf titanium 4 shorty pipe, opened up stock headers, k&n air filter with outerwear, stock air lid w/outerwear, k&n oil filter, dg bumber, tusk handguards, pro design kill switch, 06 450r oem hood, moose racing CR high bars, asr parking block off plate, 450r rear shock, shorty clutch lever, custom gusset, ltr450r rear rims, fmf stage 2 jet kit , choke removed, snorkel removed and plugged , roost mx graphics, ebc brake pads, AC racing nerfs, renthal chain & sprockets, race cut fenders, renthal grips, elka shock covers, asv clutch lever, yfz450r shocks
    Sponsors
    -roostmx.net
    -steelmx
    -efx
    - my family

2005 CRF250R!!!

95 toyota 4-runner 2wd murdered out
    kenwood 7inch touchscreen heaunit- 2 12" mtx sledge hammers- smoked lights- custom cold air intake- borla exhaust # inch to 3 1/2 tip

05 trx450r- ams rims, holeshots, k&n, hmf slip on, ac nerfs, rmp grap bar, msr motion fat bars

in loving memory or jeremy lusk http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

good to hear you got it working for you. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

this thread is a life saver! lol I bought a pro design tether kill switch today since I might be racing this weekend. the instructions SUCKED! This made it super easy and took me about 20 mins to install from start to finish. Thanx for posting up the info!
    2000 - 400ex
    works tripple rate front shocks, flame shock covers, carbon fiber hood scoop, +2/1 ASR a arms, steel braided front and rear brake lines, blingstar victory front bumper, rpm air scoops, AC nerfs, polished clutch cover by precise polishing, billet flame oil cover by modquad, +1.75 tucker pro swing arm, black rear shock cover, billet flame starter cover by modquad, billet LED tail light, billet flag mount, RAZRII's all around, HotCam stage 1 cam, sparks timing key, pro circuit silencer, billet fuel switch, removed tool box, removied air lid, K&N filter with precharger, black plastics, custom black seat cover, billet parking brake block off, billet flame brake reservoir cover, FLY grips, Trailtech 35w hadlebar mount tourch lights, custom graphics, pro circuit header, UM Racing aluminum air box, relocated battery and electrical stuff to airbox, shaved down the rear subframe, billet brake line clamps

killer post had it working in a matter of min thans alot now if i can only find something that will eep these damn engine bolts from twisting off and haveing to tap a new hole
    03 426ex 12.5:1
    asv levers
    burgard +2 arms
    braided lines
    magnum stage 2 cam
    full yoshi exhaust
    tusk nerfbars
    prm skid plate
    maier race cut plastics
    works triple rate shocks
    pro armor front bumper
    aluminum airbox
    douglas beadlocks
    tag bars
    pro armor kill switch

Ok steve great write up but i need your help, on my 400 the black/yellow wire comes out of the harness and leads to the coil but,, it has a boot on the wire before it plugs to the coil do i put the kill switch wire there on the boot,,, or,,, do i put it right where it plugs into the coil? thanks bryson ohhh heres a PIC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loud450man
    99 400ex (junk) Sold
    05 450r (mx quad built) SOLD
    09 crf250r (mx bike built)SOLD
    00 cr125 (mx built) Sold
    04 crf450r (built to look at) current
    I HATE MUD!

Altitude - 5280, Latitude - 39.669017, Longitude - 104.897717
    Originally posted by 01boneless
    Ok steve great write up but i need your help, on my 400 the black/yellow wire comes out of the harness and leads to the coil but,, it has a boot on the wire before it plugs to the coil do i put the kill switch wire there on the boot,,, or,,, do i put it right where it plugs into the coil? thanks bryson ohhh heres a PIC
    pull the boot back and stick the wire in there, and put the boot back and tape it up with some black tape. it's easier then messing with the wire where it goes into the coil.
    02' 400ex -- some stuff
    05' 400ex -- less stuff
    06' 400FIS 4x4 -- arctic cat

"It doesn't have to be red to be fast... it just has to be a HONDA!"

for sale: 05 400ex headlight, dial-a-jet. pm me

Originally posted by beags86
    pull the boot back and stick the wire in there, and put the boot back and tape it up with some black tape. it's easier then messing with the wire where it goes into the coil.
    ok dude thanks so the one on the wire (not the plug in to the coil) are male and female connectors right? so those do unplug? I dident want to pull them apart if they are not meant to come apart.
    Loud450man
    99 400ex (junk) Sold
    05 450r (mx quad built) SOLD
    09 crf250r (mx bike built)SOLD
    00 cr125 (mx built) Sold
    04 crf450r (built to look at) current
    I HATE MUD!

he hooked you up. thanks for updating, beags. I have been outside all day. lol

steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast