Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tether kill switch install

tether kill switch install

**this only works with a normally open switch such as a pro design, pro armor switch, or any other open type switches**

ok, right before the coil there is a black cover looking thing with a bunch of wires in it. they all have quick connects.

1. find the black with a yellow stripe wire that comes from the coil (yellow arrow points to it).

2. disconnect it.

3. pull the boot back and push the long one in the boot with the plug.

4. wrap wire into plug so it touches good.

5. plug it back in.

6. ground out the short one to the bars or where ever you want.

7. mount to bars where you please.

note: you have to add some wire to the switch to make it all the way to the coil for the long one. this requires no cutting or anything to the wiring harness. if you take some time and do it right it is a 20 minute procedure. it is as easy as these 7 steps. then if you want to take it off it is very simple to do.

Click for bigger Diagram

Maybe if i get time i will do one on normally closed switches later and add it to this thread. steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

need to put this in the sticky thread
    '02 440ex
    Modded air box lid
    450 carb
    K&N
    White Bros slip on
    450r shocks
    Houser +2 a arms
    Houser +1.25 swing arm
    RPM Dominator axle

Originally posted by wckedclownz69
    umm i like ICP and i like to 69....

yea, def easier than tha way i did it. o well, it took long butthe way i did it still works and its water tight shoulda made this thread a week ago steve haha. this should be added to the stickies.

pappy added it to the stickies this weekend for us. lol. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

So did you disconnect the black and yellow wire completely and just put in the new wire from the kill switch? I saw another write up here http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/....jsp?id=192238 and it looks like they just tapped into that wire. Does it matter which way you do it, and if you disconnect that wire completely then what are you disabling assuming that wire had a function before?

i did not leave the wire disconnected, i just pulled the boot back, ran the wire through the connector, then made sure it touched all the way around. After this i just plugged it back into the other half of the connector. Either way will work but they cut wires mine does not. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Thanks for the info, I work better with pictures than with words haha, but I understand what you are saying now.

I dont actually have it hooked up anymore so it would be hard to take pics. I dont even have a kill switch, i just wrote it and found the ones in this thread from other places and circled where i wanted to show. good to hear that you got it though. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

I fell off the back of mine today and the quad kept going so I thought today that something like this would be a good idea and low and behold here it is. Just need to put one on order.

Check out the stickies at the top, you will find a ton of stuff along with this one. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast