Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quad set ups? any help?

quad set ups? any help?

i know that everyone has there set ups and it comes with trial and error, im not asking for your secrets, just a little help with the base set ups, im use to the woods stuff... be qite honest, i had my quad set up for my home track and never really changed much on it, just sayed as it was...

Im looking to race the SD race in 2010... i will be on my 250r, what motor im going to run im not really sure yet, im going to take another look at class rules so i know what CC's can i can run in what classes...

i would just would like some help on how you set your quad up, what are some better set ups...
    where do you want your ride height sitting at and all that.
    also what tires are good, and what arnt?

does the EDT have a mx class? at the local tt's they have a slicks class and then a MX, the Mx is just mx quads, with knobbies...

thanks for the help...
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

set up help

hoosier or american racers are a good selection as for yor tires...as far as the knobby class they dont think they have a knobby class but you can change mx tires with tt tires....and run and have some major fun ....

Try and get a swaybar. It makes a world of diffrenece. You can find a used one on Ebay I'm sure. Lower your ride down also. Try to get as close to 5" as you can. The track in SD doesn't have big jumps.
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

where do you measuer ride hight at? what points i mean...
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Originally posted by woodsracer144
    where do you measuer ride hight at? what points i mean...
    Bottom of the frame at the pegs and and where the frame starts to angle up, usually just behind the a-arms. These measurements need to be taken with you (or someone the same weight) on the bike. Your front to rear measurement should be no more than 1/2" difference. Usually the front is a little higher than the rear.
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

the EDT is left and right correct?

what do you do when its just left turns? i've seen quads totally off set, the left side is sucked really close the the inside and the right sides has like a +3 arms...

thanks for the help guys...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

the EDT is left and right correct?

what do you do when its just left turns? i've seen quads totally off set, the left side is sucked really close the the inside and the right sides has like a +3 arms...

thanks for the help guys...
    Yep, EDT is always left and right turns. I've always set my quad neutral even on ovals. The only thing I do is change the front suspension setup a little.

what about tire copmound? i know that in dirt track with stock cars my buddy has new tires on every time he hits the track unless he already has it made or some other unknown reason

RIP John Gallagher Sr

what about tire copmound? i know that in dirt track with stock cars my buddy has new tires on every time he hits the track unless he already has it made or some other unknown reason
    Yea, the Pro and Pro/Am guys runs new tires alot. I run soft or medium compound tires so they last a little longer. I've been running American Racer SD-33 fronts and SD-23 or SD-38 rears depending on the track. SD-33 on all 4 corners would be a good combination for an amatuer.

is the higher the numer the harder or what? what do you do for prep? i know the carts put them in ovens...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast