Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moto-Mouth and EDT series

Originally posted by palot
    yes we do need him in the series, I think he was one of the postive things that we had going for our sport thats why we were fighting so hard last year not to loose Elizabeth City..but some of the other promotors thought it was more important to try and cut down the travel rather than keep a track, crew, that gave 150% to our sport.. I know times are hard and peoples money is tight but when I think that we lost Elizabeth City just to go to Tenn. it really makes me sick.. yea it cut some people drive time down 4 or 5 hours but was it really worth it ?? alot of folks would just take a couple of extra days and spend at the beach while they were there.. It was a great track , a great crew , They took the time to set up a huge tent so the riders waiting in staging would not have to sit in the sun plus had barrells filled with ice and water so if the riders needed something to drink while they were waiting and they did all kinds of small things like this for the riders on there own out of there own pockets.. I dont know about you but to me going to an event were I feel like they are giving 100% and really care that we are there is worth the extra drive..

I hope oneday you get to meet Robbie and the Elizabeth City crew and then you will be saying the sametings i have just told you ..
    Yeah we were at Dixieland last season and we went to the Beach for a few days afterwords too, it was a nice place, loved the tent for sure!! The track was a bit funky and it was super dusty with them not watering it but for the most part I thought it was a good round.
    Proud Father of 7X National Champ Trevor Thatcher #404

Click >>Trevor's 2013 Sponsor List

www.Fierce Powersports.com

www.TrevorThatcher.com

last year was a little different than any other year but the ones who knew what was going on understood, see we also run our local series there and 2 weeks prior to the national at one of our local events we had a rider who when he was going in to the sweeper hit the wall and was killed , everyone thinks that something on the front end of his bike broke but no ones knows for sure.. anyway out of respect for him and his family Robbie did not run the sweeper in the national so he had to work it the way he could leaving the sweeper out .. he caught alot of slack for that but he did what he felt was right and did tell everyone that the sweeper would be put back in .. I was one of the ones who did not like the track that way but I did understand..

so please dont judge Elizabeth City from last year because it was a little different as far as the track .. but you can ask anyone and you will not find many people at all who has not been happy with the Elizabeth City track in the past..

Thanks for all the kind words from every one,I truely do miss each and every rider not only did i do Dixieland Speedway but Ive also been lucky enough to be part of the announcing staff at Danvile rounds as well as Penn. and have popped in at OH. a couple of times threw out the years. I do honestly love watching the youth riders progress threw the classes and grow up year after year and that really is the future of our sport.Not to menchin the new crop of new pros to take over after Timmy and Shane left.It just about killed me when I learned that we were getting cut out of the Nationals after 7 years of good racing and I will say the crew at Elezabeth City was honored to have a Nat. in thier town and to be one of only a few in the country was a hard pill to swallow, but we do wish everyone the best in 2010 and be safe.
    Robby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12