Hey Everyone!
It's Kevin Bailey, the 2009 EDT series announcer. I will not be at the last round of the Extreme Dirt Track series. Some cutbacks were made for the last round due to the lack of riders. I want to thank you all for accepting me into your family and I want to say that I will REALLY miss the last round! What a series finale! I came into this series not really knowing enough about the series, (or Quad TT racing in general,) but with the help of many I hit the ground running and I hope I did a good job for you, (the riders, the promoters and the fans!) Now this Extreme Dirt Track is in me, it's in my blood and I can't get over it! The racing this year has been great, from the 50s to the Pros. This brings me to my second point.

We need to expand this series or watch it die, and I for one DO NOT want to see that happen. New corporate sponsors are needed and the promoters have to get some financial help also. A couple of ideas come to mind:
1.) We need to put together an impressive video to present to possible sponsors and track owners. This means we need lots of great video footage and professional video editing. If anyone has good video footage available and if anyone can help with video editing let me know.
2.) We need more tracks, especially on the coasts and other high population areas, to help sell this unique form of racing to the masses. The videos will help, but we need everyone to become a salesman and diplomat for this racing. Share your ideas!!!
3.) TV. Television would help the promoters recoup some money for promotion of the races. TV also will help swell the rider numbers and help the riders themselves with sponsors.

Alright, that's enough for right now. A group of us will try to get to ATVA Congress and top corporate sponsors this fall, but we need you to help with ideas and services. I may be new to this but I want it to work and hopefully so do you! Thanks and I hope to make it to the banquet. Good luck next weekend. Ride fast and take chances! Moto-MouthKB