Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: laeger vs. roll

laeger vs. roll

looking to possibly pick up a full roll 305pv R...it was travis spaders old 265pv R from when he won the championship....what i was wondering is how it compares to a cr500 link narrow laegers bike? the roll is no link...
    i really like the laeger's...turn nice and sharp and the rear was nice through the rough...but i hear such good things about roll's also?

any opinions or people who have ridden both?
    purevolume.com/800blessedscrews
    purevolume.com/implicate

2008 suzuki rm250

First, I cannot imagine something besides my Laeger after riding it for awhile (coming off four strokes).

I would think the Roll would be awesome though, I love getting setup pro bikes. My Laeger was one of Eichner's years ago...

The difference I have heard is the no-link handles everything great, the Laeger does REALLY well with big hit stuff....

Have any pics?

James
    1995 Titled Laeger Narrow Pro-Trax w/ 1991 CR5000 Linkage / All Stainless Hardware / Custom Axis Shocks / LSR Axle / Baldwin Anti-Fade / 265CC Mildly Ported National / Port Matched V-Force3 Reed Cage / 39mm PWK / No-Toil Air Filter / Custom Filter Bracket / ESR CR250 Ignition / Sparks MX Pipe / ESR Silencer / IMS 4G Tank Line-X'd / AC Bumper, Grab Bar, Pro-Peg Nerfs, Skidplate / Tag Metals Clamp / T2 Cannondale Bend Bars (Sandblasted) / TRX450R Front Brake Master / ODI Lock On Grips / 300EX Throttle

I have both and they are both ex-pro quads. My Roll was Mike Maniaci's quad and my Laeger was Matt Bartosek's quad. I've been motocross racing the Roll this summer and it's been great. It's definitely not the quad that's keeping me from going faster! I've pulled holeshots and it corners good. I just picked up the Laeger so I'll be working on it a little bit to get it ready for some racing next year. Any quad or chassis will take some setup and fine tuning to get it right for you. Is the Roll the actual quad Travis Spader raced in 2000?

Is it this one?

yeah, that's it...
    purevolume.com/implicate

2008 suzuki rm250

Roll chassis tend to handle bigger whooped out tracks a little better, where as the Laeger's are pristine on more choppy brake bumped out tracks.

The different leverage ratios of a CR link vs. a no link each have their plus's and minuses. But both chassis are superb.

Not to mention Lobos are more rare, and the chassis alone would set you back 12 g's back in the day.

Do you still have my Laeger's R?

If so, are you selling it to get the Roll?

I may be interested in buying it back off of you.
    -Jason Zittel #73-

Team 373 MX

ATV Scene.com Budget Racer II TRX450R

"I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'...

Thanks to my 2012 Sponsors: Smith Optics, EVS, Globe, Hinson, Tag Metals, Racer X, Outlaw Racing, Pit Posse
    Twin Air

GET SPONSORED NOW!
    MXSponsor.com
    Promo ID: x573jz

Also the Roll frames are about 2" narrower than a Laeger's narrow. A little bit more chassis roll but zero bumper steer. Even less than a Laeger's. They track a little straighter since the t-pins can get a bit twitchy, compare to the Lobo's. And I think the Rolls maybe have a degree or 2 more frame rake.
    -Jason Zittel #73-

Team 373 MX

ATV Scene.com Budget Racer II TRX450R

"I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'...

Thanks to my 2012 Sponsors: Smith Optics, EVS, Globe, Hinson, Tag Metals, Racer X, Outlaw Racing, Pit Posse
    Twin Air

GET SPONSORED NOW!
    MXSponsor.com
    Promo ID: x573jz

thanks for the info...no i ended up selling the R to finish the jp outlaw quad...i actually started riding it and it's a little too scary for a mx track....so this R is semi local....
    purevolume.com/implicate

2008 suzuki rm250

dude. i have ridden that exact bike when travis was racing it. and trust me, its a beast. not sure what shape its in now but that bike was top of the line the year it was built.

he use to ride my laeger and he loved it. i use to ride his lobo and i loved it. if its still the same set up as he had it and its not banged up, pick it up for sure. you will not regret it. awesome motor. suspension is off the hook, and it has every race goodie you can think of. if ya dont mind me asking, how much dude asking for it? does travis still own this bike?? cause i thought duncan took back his race bike at the end of the season when they decided to part ways. they ended up switching it over for tavis cain. you sure its not his practice bike? cause i do know he kept that one. either way, race bike or practice, they were identical bikes. same set up on both.

roll

I've never had the chance to ride a laeger protrax set up, but I love my Lobo. Turns sharp, very responsive, almost no bump steer, and rides smooth as glass. Spaders bike was the reason why I bought a Lobo. Sex sells, and theres nothin sexier than the gullwing front end or gullwing swing arm on a Lobo chassis. In 99 or 2000 Dirtwheels did a full spread on that duncan built bike and it stole my heart, the only problem was I was still in high school at the time and it was a little out of my reach. Now that I have one I would'nt trade it for the world. Good luck with your decision! Check out the pics!

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC_0486.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC_0479.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast