Thread: KQ 300 front tire wont spin anymore

Red face KQ 300 front tire wont spin anymore

Ok I picked up a 2000 King Quad 300 two seasons ago for 600 bucks, it has some serious issues but the engine still runs really good. Here's my problem the past couple months the front tire seems like it was going to fall off I mean it would rock back and fourth 30 deg or so but it still spun, now its so bad the tire is barley spinning when you turn the handle bars the wheel completely locks up and digs in the earth like a plow.

Since I'm a complete noob, I am wondering if this is something I can tackle, and a vague list of what parts it would take to fix.

I'm not quite sure what the guy did to this thing before i got it but its got no brakes at ALL, the throttle sticks when you open it full..........its stuck in 4wd but the front tires dont really spin, the battery wont recharge so i put a full size marine battery on there....all these problems and the engine still runs like new

Re: KQ 300 front tire wont spin anymore

Originally posted by AC Slater
    Ok I picked up a 2000 King Quad 300 two seasons ago for 600 bucks, it has some serious issues but the engine still runs really good. Here's my problem the past couple months the front tire seems like it was going to fall off I mean it would rock back and fourth 30 deg or so but it still spun, now its so bad the tire is barley spinning when you turn the handle bars the wheel completely locks up and digs in the earth like a plow.

Since I'm a complete noob, I am wondering if this is something I can tackle, and a vague list of what parts it would take to fix.

I'm not quite sure what the guy did to this thing before i got it but its got no brakes at ALL, the throttle sticks when you open it full..........its stuck in 4wd but the front tires dont really spin, the battery wont recharge so i put a full size marine battery on there....all these problems and the engine still runs like new
    I would tear it apart and see what is wrong lol. It could be a number of things. I am guessing it started with bearings and now its worse.

Cool thing is you take apart the bad side and you can take apart the drivers side to see how it was suppose to go backtogther or even tell what is wroing
    V-Twin King Quad