Thread: Ques on PEP steering damper.

Ques on PEP steering damper.

I just purchased the new rebuildable version of the pep steering damper and it installs different then the denton racing damper. the pep mounts to the motor mount and to the steering colum. the thing i am worried about is the damper is so friggin close to the head pipe, i rode the other day and the damper was extremely hot, will it blow up or something if it gets too hot? it took me over 2 hours to install the damn thing, its so hard to get it just right between the clearence of the oil dipstick and head pipe. all addvice would be apreciated. thanks in advanced
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Nope...wont blow up I've had mine for a few months now (about 5) and I've had ZERO problems with it. I know it looks damn close to the head pipe, but its ok....I was the same way for awhile until I rode with it for awhile....

Eric
    Eric

- '00 400EX
    ...with some stuff.

It will be fine. I've been using one for over a year.