Thread: cheap upgrades

cheap upgrades

i got my 06 kfx 400 and im looking for some cheap yet effective upgrades to do. I have a kid on the way but still gotta have some fun. Already went to a 13t front sprocket.
    stock kfx but workin on it

you could put an exhaust on it if u dont have one already

hot cams stage 1 intake cam a good idea??? i read about it in another forum but didnt get to read too much into it
    stock kfx but workin on it

Cheapest and most effective way to get more power out of anything is always going to be intake and exhaust. Do a search for slip-on mufflers that suit your needs/wants. For an intake you could go the cheaper route of a Pro Design Pro-Flow intake which provides for a bigger intake hole or go for an entirely new intake like FCI, Ron Woods, etc.

I wouldn't suggest messing with anything internal until you've got your exhaust and intake taken care of. You need to be able to suck in more air and flow more exhaust before your cams will start limiting you.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.