Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbs for built motors

Carbs for built motors

Just curious what kind of Carbs ya'll are using for your built 250's???
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

carbs

I tried a FCR33 with no luck
    I now have a mikuni 30mm that works great!
    Proud Father of Tyler Deister #6

2013 EDT National Series CHAMPION 16-24 age class and 4th overall in Production A

2011 EDT National Series CHAMPION x3. schoolboy SR, Schoolboy JR, & 90 Modified

Runner up 2010 EDT National Shoolboy JR.

HONDA TRX450R TT/ Flat Track Sponsors: Motor City Solutions & Deister Racing; Fierce Powersports, RAGE ATV, Rath Racing, Quad tech, SIDI boots.

Special Thanks to Fierce Power Sports for Dyno tuning, see Corey and get that extra HP !

Re: carbs

Originally posted by vondeister
    I tried a FCR33 with no luck
    I now have a mikuni 30mm that works great!
    Thanks for a response! Im still blown away be how little information is out there about this quad.

What all did you have done to your motor? Has it been reliable?
    Ive been curious how they are all holding up. IVe heard they actually do pretty well.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Vondeister,what problems did you have with the fcr33?Was it hard to tune?

the fcr 33 carb makes the thumb trottle rediculously hard. my friend has it on his raptor.
    Retired

Originally posted by mxslevnik69
    the fcr 33 carb makes the thumb trottle rediculously hard. my friend has it on his raptor.
    I remember it being that way on alot of other quads also. That wont be a route we will go. I def. want a good performer but not if it creates thumb pump.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

The FCR was a pain to tune. I could not get the off idel bog out of the FCR33. It ran good at W.O.T. but low and mid rage was bad.

The mikuni 30mm was easy to tune and made 3.8 hp increase over the stock carb that was jetted to the moon. The mikuni requites you to space up the fuel tank in the back about 10mm for cable routing, but its no big deal.

My engine is has a 12 : 1 JE piston standard bore, web cam, ported and polished head, HMF full system, Dynatech CDI, open air box with Pro design air intake and Mikuni 30mm.

this combo seems to work really well.

I hear the Rage kit is the way to go, I'm going to paint our frame this winter and get the Rage kit, it makes 34hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qBSFN9CMHA

Here a link of my son winning a TT race a few weeks ago; due to a jump start he had to start on the 2nd row. #6 blue raptor orange riding gear.

2013 EDT National Series CHAMPION 16-24 age class and 4th overall in Production A

HONDA TRX450R TT/ Flat Track Sponsors: Motor City Solutions & Deister Racing; Fierce Powersports, RAGE ATV, Rath Racing, Quad tech, SIDI boots.

Special Thanks to Fierce Power Sports for Dyno tuning, see Corey and get that extra HP !

Thats was a good race,he made those passes nice and clean-well done! Good info and thank you!
    I think we are going to mod the stock one for now and go from there .
    We have a freind who knows how to internally open up these carbs to the same size .
    Is that 34HP reliable power ? We race cross country /desert so reliability is important.
    My sons just coming off a CVT so I think what we have will be PLENTY for him for abit. I dont know what all has been done to it yet, we havent ran the motor yet ,we are waiting on our frame to be shipped back to us,but I know it will require full race gas

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

so far the kid that has the Rage 300 kit hasn't had any proplems that I herd of.

thanks for the compliment on my son, he is a great rider, and we are having a blast.

good luck

11:1 piston, SMS head work, gytr full exhaust, SMS airbox, kibblewhite valve( exhaust i think?) and i have a FCR 28mm that works great
    Planning a comeback...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast