Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: YFZ 450 air intake mod.

yes i heard that the fci does work with the stock air box, i think alot of people cut the back of the air box off to make the filter easier to fit and remove. its not really an option for me to import an fci, would be to much and take a while to get it here

today i cut both the holes out fit the rubber parts, just waiting on another air box to get the part off. should make a good increase in power, thanks for posting this
    sam

you can cut the rear out of your box and leave the rear fenders housing stock because it covers up around the sides of the air box which will block alot of water id say 80%. with just this mod done you wont be able to feel the gains but u will gain some air flow. to actually feel a HP gain youd have to actually get rid of the airbox and stock intake its self

heres a link to something neat i found but it wouldnt be something i would use im about saving weight and making every hp possible

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26um%3D1

this is a pic of what it would look like if u cut ur rear box out. you will still have the protection of the plastic guarding ur filter

thanks for the pic, i have already cut out the plastic around the back of the air box as i run a aftermarket battery box
    sam

overall, i think the new tube with the FCI is much more worth it.

and no problem, im glad my write up helped you out Pondy.

and the FCI filter is the same sise as the Prodesign K&N, or the Sparks foam filters. so really theres no hassle in removing it.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

you can buy parts of the fci you dont have to buy the kit. theres a fci vendor on yfztech forums that can sale you watever parts it is that you need. but if u just want the tube u gotta have the transition ring and boot to run it. here is what garret quoted me

"If you just want the tube its 120 and the adpater is 20 with hose clamps, transiton ring is 45. It would be 180 plus shipping"

be better to go with my route then. TQS, 169 shipped, sell the K&N privatly, buy a foam with the money you get giving someone else a replacement FCI filter.

that way you get everything MXpimp2000 said, + a Foam filter of your choice, and a 'lil change left over to go buy a donut, LOL.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234