Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (sLoW)--KFX450R

for a stock bike it did ok... the main part that i wish KAWI would have improved on was the power stock... compared to all the other brands straight off the show room floor... KAWI CAME OUT WITH THIS KFX450 4 YEARS AFTER THE OTHER 450'S where introduced... so they should be on the ball and have everything just about right especially running with or if not leaving the others behind.. and they are not the first for the aluminum frame nor the EFI.... so this bike should be one of the BEST compared to all the other brands rolling off the show room floor!!

WHO KNOWS maybe the grand on (pipe,programmer,filter,intake) will make this thing become a beast and out run its competition... but i cant afford to take that chance when i have a yfz that is paid for and feels better to me. IF I DIDNT ALREADY HAVE THE YFZ I WOULD KEEP THE KFX AND GIVE IT A SHOT AND RIDE LIKE NO TOMORROW...

BUT THERE IS DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS... so make your own choices my friends!

Originally posted by hondarider11
    You guys can cry about the kfx being slow all you want but check out the pro/pro am results and see what is on top. In the pamx series the kawis are doing great in A,B,C too.
    Do you know how much money those fools have in their bikes? When your talking pro, its not the bike, its the rider! The average Joe does not have 100k to put into his bike. All your statement proves is that Kawi has some good riders under contract!
    If you aint wreckin, you aint ridin'

'02 416ex
    11:1 wiseco, Stage 2 cam
    BigGun Full System, K&N, BigGun CDI
    +2 LSR arms (Chrome/PC)
    +2+4 LSR axcaliber w/ LSR Carrier, LSR E-Brake Block off
    LSR Stearing Stem (Chrome)
    Custom Sub Frame w/ 450r grab bar
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate Airbox w/ Battery relocated
    Blue/Silver Vein PC Frame/Sub Frame/Hubs
    AC Nerfs/Bumper, Alu. skids
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate A-arm Skids
    Renthal chain/sprockets

ya.. pros have a lot more done besides(pipe,filter,intake,programer) they got 6 k in motor easy!!!

Here we go with this "I hate EFI" bull****. EFI is the best thing to happen to atv's in 20 years, other than the addition of the 4th wheel.
    2004 400EX, currently in full teardown waiting for gusset kit to arrive.

Working on a custom Banshee with a CBR 1100XX blackbird engine.

ASE Master certified automobile technician. American Honda registered service technician.

i was wanderen if these things were slow. now i know my answer
    - 2005 "The Sleeper" 400ex
    - 1984 CR125r Project

Power isnt everything these days. With how well the KFX handles, you shouldnt have any problem keeping up with any other 450 out there. Slap an intake, programmer and a 15t front sprocket and i bet it will beat the YFZ of yours.
    2008 Green KFX 450

16" Dasa Pipe,PClll USB, Fuel ATV Intake, KX Cams, Gibson LT A-arms, Fox Evols Fronts, Motowoz Rear, Rath Nerf Bars, RPM Dominator ll Axle, Precision Steering Stabilizer, Maxxis Razr Cross Tires, DWT Rokout Front G2 Rears, Houser +1 Steering Stem, Tag Railer, Fasstco Bar Inserts.

Read my post jackass. A kawi cleaned up C,B, almost A, pro am. There is no such thing as factory CBA riders so think before you post next time.
    Just because you got proven wrong, doesn't mean you have to get hostile! Sorry that I don't spend my whole life knowing everything about every class of racing, and the riders in those calsses. My point is still valid. The bikes in these races have a lot of money put into them, so trying convince those of us who beleive the KFX 450 is underpowered otherwise by giving us race results, is not a good argument. Getting technical about nit picky *****, will not help your argument either!

'02 416ex
    +2 LSR arms (Chrome/PC)
    Renthal chain/sprockets

Originally posted by aDviSol2y
    Just because you got proven wrong, doesn't mean you have to get hostile! Sorry that I don't spend my whole life knowing everything about every class of racing, and the riders in those calsses. My point is still valid. The bikes in these races have a lot of money put into them, so trying convince those of us who beleive the KFX 450 is underpowered otherwise by giving us race results, is not a good argument. Getting technical about nit picky *****, will not help your argument either!
    I think in a sense you may both be right. The KFX450 may be underpowered from the factory. The race results (Pro's excluded) show that with the right mods which of course cost money it has the potential to be a winning machine.
    1999 400EX **SOLD**
    440, Yoshi RS-3 full system, K&N, Moose revbox, Hot Cams Stage II, Pro Armor nerfs, Pro taper SE bars,
    Houser +2 A-arms, 450r front shocks.

2006 YZ250f
    Motoworks Suspension, One Ind. graphics. Pro Taper Henry/Reed bend bars
    Everything else stock.

I got proven wrong? I am pretty sure I didn't. Go to a big mx race like a pamx race and see who is out in front. It doesn't bother me becuae I ride a honda but there is a reason kawi is up in the front in almost every class and that reason isn't becuase it is slow. If you guys weren't cheap then you could have the same powerful quad they have.

If I wasnt cheap? Do you know what it take to support a family? How about own a home, put a wife through college, or better yet, provide the best for a 2 year old child? Didn't think so.

'02 416ex
    +2 LSR arms (Chrome/PC)
    Renthal chain/sprockets

WOW..
    didnt mean to cause a fight over this topic. LOL
    -sounds like we need to get u all some boxing gloves and throw DOWN

-- TICKETS for sale
    whens ROUND 1??? lol

either way, the sports not cheap but bottom line is the yfz will beat the kfx pretty bad stock to stock!!

and the mods to YFZ really helped it...
    so the same mods to the KFX will help it no dobt, BUT it will prob be behind the yamaha just like if they were STOCK BIKES AGAIN??

the point is... that i have already put $$$ into yamaha and it runs good..
    BUT there is no point in me putting another GRAND into KFX doing all the same stuff if its not going to be any faster than what i already HAVE!!!

i was hopeing to get a new bike, with a different look and hope that it would be faster than yfz if i did put all the money into it.

but no one knows, so i dont want to chance it... and miss my yfz after i sale it!! b/c i couldnt get kfx to run faster for reasonable price, and start having problems with stuff breaking..
    both bikes are paid for and not hurting anything setting in garage, so ill figure something out i guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast