Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (sLoW)--KFX450R

I bet tires are part of the problem. The stockers are nothing to write home about. The gearing on the kawi is also quite low.
    #425 NEATV-MX, DCMX
    08 Prod. C champion
    2010 Sponsor: Xtreme atv's
    Chevy C-10 for sale pm for info

sell the kawi and keep the yfz... Then go buy a 250r!
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

Originally posted by BLU82
    I bet tires are part of the problem. The stockers are nothing to write home about. The gearing on the kawi is also quite low.
    You would thinkthat if the KFX had really low gearing, it would do good off the line, not suck balls! My bro in-law has RAZR's and he dropped a tooth in the front. So if anything, I would think that it has too high of gearing.
    If you aint wreckin, you aint ridin'

'02 416ex
    11:1 wiseco, Stage 2 cam
    BigGun Full System, K&N, BigGun CDI
    +2 LSR arms (Chrome/PC)
    +2+4 LSR axcaliber w/ LSR Carrier, LSR E-Brake Block off
    LSR Stearing Stem (Chrome)
    Custom Sub Frame w/ 450r grab bar
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate Airbox w/ Battery relocated
    Blue/Silver Vein PC Frame/Sub Frame/Hubs
    AC Nerfs/Bumper, Alu. skids
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate A-arm Skids
    Renthal chain/sprockets

idk then. Mine doesnt seem to have a going slow problem, atleast not in my mind. Sorry I cant help.
    #425 NEATV-MX, DCMX
    08 Prod. C champion
    2010 Sponsor: Xtreme atv's
    Chevy C-10 for sale pm for info

i love how people think drag racing determines if a quad is good or not.

Yes the kawi is slower on the top end then some of the other quads(a hair slower then suzuki and honda) but thats because its gearing is SO low.whenever there is a nice long trail that you need to cruise in 5th gear on, it feels as if the kawi needs a 6th gear. thats the only thing that i dislike about mine but hell, i hate drag racing, i dont like straight lines

at the mx track on 20's, the stock gearing is perfect. you never have to worry about shifting down in most turns(im in 3rd the entire track) because it can lug that gear until it gets to the rpm to start ripping.
    KFX450R
    REM nerfs and heel guards
    full armadillo skids
    Power commander
    Full 16" Dasa exhaust.
    ITP GNCC's on ITP rims all around

06' KTM 250sxf-stock

01' 300ex... Beater bike.

Originally posted by Pappy
    No sir, cockbirds are too greasy and tough. Pap hits the hens hard tho! More tender and juicy breasts, thighs are sweet and tender.

Originally posted by k4f5x0r

Yes the kawi is slower on the top end then some of the other quads(a hair slower then suzuki and honda) but thats because its gearing is SO low.whenever there is a nice long trail that you need to cruise in 5th gear on, it feels as if the kawi needs a 6th gear. thats the only thing that i dislike about mine but hell, i hate drag racing, i dont like straight lines

at the mx track on 20's, the stock gearing is perfect. you never have to worry about shifting down in most turns(im in 3rd the entire track) because it can lug that gear until it gets to the rpm to start ripping.
    I agree. Kawasaki built that quad with XC in mind, not effing drag racing or top speed. YOu do need to modify it quite a bit if you decide to MX the thing. It's just not set up for it.
    2004 400EX, currently in full teardown waiting for gusset kit to arrive.

Working on a custom Banshee with a CBR 1100XX blackbird engine.

ASE Master certified automobile technician. American Honda registered service technician.

i ride mine mx and its all stock(besides tires) and bar risers. mine does great on the track. once you dial in the suspension its pretty good.
    KFX450R
    REM nerfs and heel guards
    full armadillo skids
    Power commander
    Full 16" Dasa exhaust.
    ITP GNCC's on ITP rims all around

06' KTM 250sxf-stock

01' 300ex... Beater bike.

Originally posted by Pappy
    No sir, cockbirds are too greasy and tough. Pap hits the hens hard tho! More tender and juicy breasts, thighs are sweet and tender.

Originally posted by k4f5x0r

Obviously you can't read! In my post I said I tought the bike was geared too high! The only time I ever dragged against the KFX 450 was in the sand. And I smoked it off the line and all through the gears untill the top of 5th. Then it over took me. The 450 I was up against had dropped a tooth and I believe 22" tires because we were in sand. Never did I say the bike was too low geared. This is my reasoning for the bike not having that great of power. And on another note, if they designed the bike for the track, why would they give it reverse?
    If you aint wreckin, you aint ridin'

'02 416ex
    11:1 wiseco, Stage 2 cam
    BigGun Full System, K&N, BigGun CDI
    +2 LSR arms (Chrome/PC)
    +2+4 LSR axcaliber w/ LSR Carrier, LSR E-Brake Block off
    LSR Stearing Stem (Chrome)
    Custom Sub Frame w/ 450r grab bar
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate Airbox w/ Battery relocated
    Blue/Silver Vein PC Frame/Sub Frame/Hubs
    AC Nerfs/Bumper, Alu. skids
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate A-arm Skids
    Renthal chain/sprockets

the Kawi does do good in the XC, but remember all the kawi 450 ads? they advratized it on a MX track, they wanted it to be an all around quad, much like the YFZ, but they tried to make it better, with EFI (not a fan really on a quad) and an aluminum frame (but Can-am did it better) they didnt exactly hit the nail on the head with the KFX450R as much as they wanted to, they added reverse fr XC, true, and according to dirtwheels, it works on a MX track too... although its rare you need it there.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

well i took out the KFX450 this weekend for my first time riding it in the woods on our trails back home we got cut out for a practice loop for GNCC. Let my buddy ride my YFZ450 so i could switch out and compare...
    kfx has great throttle response with EFI... but that dont do any good if it dont have the power once u give it gas! I didnt like how freely the steering is, which a stabilizer would fix this prob. Also on the long down hill parts of the trail IT DID NOT WANT TO HOLD BACK AT ALL!!!! felt like i was gonna eat up the front breaks to get it to slow down.... on climbing LONG STEEP hills it feels short like the honda 450r and u can sling it where u want it... but it dont have the pep that the YFZ has as far as reving really quick, kinda feels like it was bogging down time u got to the top of a REALLY STEEP HILL and was in a tight spot where u had to let off gas for a sec and get back on it! Also feels a little top heavy to me compared to the YFZ. I switched out and rode my YFZ and i believe i will KEEP THE YFZ and sale the KFX....

The KFX has its goods and bad just like the YFZ but i prefer the YFZ....

THe KFX could have a lot of potential if u was willing to spend the money to set it up a little better, but im not so sure about the all aluminum frame holding up and not striping out where bolts are threaded in it, because u cant get to the nuts inside the frame on certain places!! Also the EFI.. NOT A BIG FAN of this, b/c if it messes up in the woods good luck trying to work on it!! b/c they sure dont give u room to get to anything on the carb/efi on this thing...

DIE HARD KAWI FANS:
    ANYONE LOOKING FOR A KFX450R i got a 08 white and black i will sale for $4800 obo
    LIKE BRAND NEW!!!
    proarmor full length rear swingarm skid, TAG full belly skid, BRAND NEW NEVER RODE ON ITP WHEELS AND MXR6 tires.. 20x10 front/18x9 rear (yes never rode on b/c i used my buddys tires to ride it in woods the other day..

LOCATED IN COOKEVILLE, TN 38501

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast