Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (sLoW)--KFX450R

Angry (sLoW)--KFX450R

I just bought a 08 KFX450R. its all stock. and only been rode maybe 8 hours... But this thing is weak.. It cant even compare to my YFZ450 or my buddies 450R honda. This thing should not even be called a 450 if its gonna be this slow!
    I dont think a pipe and programmer and fliter can help one out that much???

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT WILL HELP THIS THING COME ALIVE!!! without having to do motorwork, cause i dont want to build it or tare it down while its new!

If i cant get this thing running with the yfz ill just stick with my YFZ450 and sale KFX450.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS!!!!
    tell me what has worked for you or if anyone else has had this problem with these bikes!!

a good pipe and programmer is good bbut with a filter and new air box and air box tube it realy gives that thing power go to bcs performance.com and they have to good airbox/filter/airbox tube. the combo was used it dirtwheels and they said it really opened it up
    2008 ds450 xmx/motoworks/BCS
    2011 Neatv - Production B

for more power look into parts the factory kawi teams are running. Josh creamers KFX450R is running a Fuel Customs intake. that has one of the biggest openings i have ever seen, and will deffinatly wake up yorue KFX. a good programmer is annother thing you will need to reach optimum performance. kawasaki sells one as part of there accesories, or the next best is the Dynojet PClll or PCV. a good exhast is one of the bigger differences. DMC duallies, or the Procircuit T-4 full systems used by the factory teams will help alot.

i also heard good about the Yoshimura RS-2 on a KFX450R
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

THANKS for the info GUYS, KEEP IT COMING!!!
    --ANY PLACES I CAN FIND SOME SHOOT OUT ARTICALS TO SEE WHICH PIPE AND PROGRAMER IS IMPROVING THE POWER THE MOST??
    --WHERE CAN I FIND THE DETAILS ON WHAT THE TEAM KAWI IS RUNNING ON THEIR RACE BIKES??
    --do u think pipe,programer,intake, and filter will make it run with the yfz that have pipe and filter and been jetted?? or will it take all this to get it to just run with the stock yfz......

i ran the stock kfx450 against my yfz with a curtissparks full sys, jetted, and filter.. and yfz is beating the kfx450 by 8 bike lenghts ATLEAST... soon as u hit 2nd gear yfz is gone!!

What about the full sys from MOTOWORKS and their programer??
    anyone ran this brand on their KFX or have any info on someone who has....

any brand of pipe and programer is not gonna be cheap, THATS why im trying to find out wich is the best combo before i drob a GRAND on bolt on performance parts!!

like said previously the ti 4 system works great for a pipe just like the factory teams runs. another good system is the motoworks. joe haavistao runs it in the neatv pro open class and he is the guy to beat winning the points this year and last year. with theis good stuff it will blow away the yfz
    2008 ds450 xmx/motoworks/BCS
    2011 Neatv - Production B

the reason the kfx seems so slow outta the box is because the stock intake is SO restrictive. get a powercommander a decent exhaust(motoworks,DASA,pro circuit. any good company really) and then the fuel customs intake. with those main 3 things and a good map(either getting it dyno'd or a decent map from dynojet's website) and youll have a whole different beast.

for anymore info go to kfx450hq.com theres alot more helpful guys over there with alot more info then me.
    KFX450R
    REM nerfs and heel guards
    full armadillo skids
    Power commander
    Full 16" Dasa exhaust.
    ITP GNCC's on ITP rims all around

06' KTM 250sxf-stock

01' 300ex... Beater bike.

Originally posted by Pappy
    No sir, cockbirds are too greasy and tough. Pap hits the hens hard tho! More tender and juicy breasts, thighs are sweet and tender.

TTT

im not tooo sure about "blow" away a YFZ with those mods, so keep in mind that it is a 450 with JUST a pipe, filter and PClll. in other words it will be close to any other 450 with identical mods. even it it is faster, not by a long shot.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

My brother in-law has the '08 KFX with the power commander, yoshi, intake and my 416 blows him away untill the top of 5th. And I have stock gearing on mine. If I put a 16t sprocket on the front, we would proabably be pretty even.
    If you aint wreckin, you aint ridin'

'02 416ex
    11:1 wiseco, Stage 2 cam
    BigGun Full System, K&N, BigGun CDI
    +2 LSR arms (Chrome/PC)
    +2+4 LSR axcaliber w/ LSR Carrier, LSR E-Brake Block off
    LSR Stearing Stem (Chrome)
    Custom Sub Frame w/ 450r grab bar
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate Airbox w/ Battery relocated
    Blue/Silver Vein PC Frame/Sub Frame/Hubs
    AC Nerfs/Bumper, Alu. skids
    Custom Alu. Dia. Plate A-arm Skids